Seven Days of Prayer & Fasting for the SBC
Over the next seven days, the Sex Abuse Task Force will be meeting with the Executive Committee officers to come to an agreement on waiving attorney-client privilege as directed by the messengers of the 2021 SBC annual meeting in Nashville, TN.
We invite you to join us in a season of prayer and fasting for these conversations for the next seven days. It is our desire to see the Executive Committee follow the will of the messengers for the sake of transparency and credibility.
The seven days of prayer will run from sundown on Wednesday, September 22nd to lunch on Wednesday, September 29th. Here are three things for you to do:
1. COMMIT: Fill out the form indicating your willingness to join us for these seven days of prayer.
2. DECIDE: Fasting is a spiritual act which should be considered carefully. We want you to decide which type of fast is best for you. If you are unable to fast, please commit to praying.
– Abstain from all food, observing a juice and water fast only
– Abstain from all meats and sweets, having only vegetables and other foods
– Abstain from one meal a day
– Abstaining from all social media, because it can dominate us if we are not careful
– Pray for the meetings between the Sexual Abuse Task Force and the Executive Committee Officers.
– Pray for full adoption of the motion presented by the messengers at the 2021 SBC in Nashville.
– Pray for unity around the gospel and the Great Commission to prevail through this whole process.