Do you want library services for Centretown?
Last February Ottawa City Council decided that the new library would be built at 557 Wellington Ave. just west of Bronson Ave. This survey follows up on suggestions made by Mayor Watson and Councillor McKenney regarding the possibility of a mini or branch library for Centretown once the Main Library on Metcalfe St. is closed.
1. Please provide your postal code.
2. Do you support having library services available in Centretown?
Do not support
3. If you answered "Do not support" or "No opinion" in #2, select the statement(s) below which best describe(s) your situation.
I live or work close enough to the proposed new Library.
I live or work close enough to another library or libraries. Please specify: ______________________________________
I can drive or take transit to one or more libraries. Please specify: ________________________________________
I don't use libraries enough to make it matter.
4. If you answered "support" in #2, why do you think it is important to have some library services remain in Centretown? Select the reason(s) that reflect(s) your situation.
The proposed site of the new library is too far for me to walk to.
The new library is too difficult for me to walk to in terms of negotiating the hill down Albert St. to Bronson Ave.
The proposed site is too difficult and / or too far away to get to by public transport.
I can't afford to take public transport to go to a library.
I work near the library on Metcalfe St. and want to be able to continue using library services during lunch time.
I tend to do errands in Centretown on the way to and from the library on Metcalfe St.
My children need a place close to their home and school where they can study in a safe environment.
My children will not be able to get to the proposed new library on their own.
5. In your opinion, what library services should be made available in Centretown after the Main Library closes and the new one opens? Select the service(s) which reflect(s) your needs.
A place for me to drop off and pick up books, DVDs and CDs that I order online.
A place where I have free access to computers, the Internet and other technical services.
A safe quiet place in which I can read/study as well as a place for the community to meet and gather.
A place which has a collection of books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers and magazines similar to what would be found at a branch library like the one on Rideau St.
A place where I can take various courses, attend social events and which has a dedicated children's section similar to what is being offered at the Main Library on Metcalfe St. now.
6. If some library services remain in Centretown after the new library is built, where should they be located?
West of Bank / North of Somerset
West of Bank / South of Somerset
East of Bank / North of Somerset
East of Bank / South of Somerset
I'm not sure.
7. a) Do you plan to use the new library at 557 Wellington St. if library facilities remain available in Centretown?
Why? / Why not? Please explain.
7. b) Which facility do you think you would use more often?
The new library on Wellington St.
Library services in Centretown
Why? Please explain.
8. Would you like to get involved in convincing the City to retain essential library services in Centretown?
If you answered "Yes", please provide your name, email address and /or telephone number below so we can keep you informed.
If you have any general comments / suggestions / questions about this survey or the issue itself, please comment below.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service