2022 Rupert 4th of July Parade Application
Dear Parade Participant:
The parade theme for 2022 is "Small Town American Spirit" In keeping with the true spirit of Independence Day, please fly as many American flags as you can. We appreciate your efforts in making our parade the best.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call Layton or Jackie Larson at 208-670-1227 or Daryl Kent at 208-312-4431.
The parade will begin at 11:00 am on Monday July 4th. All floats and non-equine entries will line up on Scott Ave. from Maverick toward the POW/MIA Memorial. The parade will end at the LDS church parking lot on 100 West. If you have children riding on your float they must be picked up at the church parking lot.
VEHICLES OF ANY KIND NOT IN THE PARADE CANNOT BE PARKED IN OR AROUND THE JUDGING AREA! CARS PARKED IN PARADE ROUTE MAY BE FINED. PLEASE INSTRUCT ALL PARTICIPANTS OF YOUR PARADE ENTRY THAT THEY CANNOT PARK IN THE PARADE ROUTE, EVEN DROPPING OFF PARADE PARTICIPANTS.
Emergency vehicles will be at the front of the parade so they will have easy access out in case of an emergency. Horses will be as close as possible to the front of the parade so they will not be overly hot. They will line up on K Street. The horse judges will help to line you up. They will then be brought up 4th St and then to Scott Ave to be placed behind the Emergency Vehicles and the Veterans.
Floats and automobiles must be in place by 9:00 am for judging.
Marching bands, horses, dance groups, etc. must be in place by 10:30 am and will be judged during the parade.
All other entries must be in place by 10:00 am.
1. The Rupert 4th of July Parade is NOT a City of Rupert sponsored parade and is under the direction of the Rupert 4th of July Committee, who reserves the right to set forth rules and restrictions regarding all aspects of the parade.
2. The Parade Chairman and their staff reserve the right to organize the parade lineup as they see fit and also reserve the right to have a police officer escort any entry from the parade should the entry become unruly or defiant.
3. The Rupert 4th of July Committee welcomes our elected officials to participate in the parade but campaigning of any kind that holds up the parade or causes long gaps will result in a warning to end all campaigning efforts. Any further campaigning will result in dismissal from the parade.
4. The Rupert 4th of July Committee reserves the right to deny entry to any group as a parade entry.
5. Only the American Flag will be allowed to be flown during the parade.
6. All entries must remain in the place assigned until the end of the parade.
7. Absolutely NO candy, water balloons, etc. may be thrown from any parade entry. If you are passing out such items, you must have walkers pass them out along the edges of the parade route.
8. All Commercial entries must be decorated in theme, or with US Flags and appropriate décor. Commercial entries will be limited to no more than two entries.
9. All equestrian entries must be ridden by experienced riders.
10. Any animal or entry that exhibits behavior that threatens the safety of the spectators will be removed.
11. Any injury sustained during the parade will not be the responsibility of the Rupert 4th of July Committee or the City of Rupert. Non-compliance with stated rules may result in liability to the sponsoring organization.
12. Idaho State Code requires at least one 5 lb. ABC fire extinguisher on each float. It can be located in the towing vehicle.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JULY 1St AT 11:59pm.
THERE WILL BE NO LAST MINUTE ENTRIES THIS YEAR, AND NO ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED IN WITHOUT AN ACCEPTED APPLICATION.