Foster Legal Section
I understand that I will provide foster care for the above mentioned dog from K911 ResQ, at no charge and I
agree to the following conditions during the foster care period:
* I agree that I am fostering this dog for K911 ResQ and that I do not have any right of ownership over the foster dog. I further agree that K911 ResQ's rights in and to the foster dog are superior to mine.
* I will accept and consider the dog as a household companion, not as an outside pet, and will provide the dog with a safe environment, humane treatment, proper food, fresh water, shelter and exercise.
* I will allow a reasonable amount of time for the dog to adjust to a new surrounding. Dogs typically take a week to settle in to a new home.
* K911 ResQ will cover veterinary expenses for the dog, provided that the care is pre-approved by the K911 ResQ director and performed by a K911 ResQ authorized veterinarian. I agree in the case of an emergency, I am to make every attempt to contact a K911 ResQ representative and go to an approved K911 ResQ emergency veterinarian.
* If the dog is lost or stolen, I will immediately notify a K911 ResQ representative and I will make every reasonable effort to recover the dog.
I will NOT give or sell the dog to another person, relative, or any other individual, or any other rescue group, humane association, shelter or pound, or any medical or experimental laboratory or organization.
* I will NOT alter the dog’s appearance in any way, shape or form such as tail docking, ear cropping, etc.
routine grooming must also be approved by a K911 ResQ representative.
* I will not remove the dog’s microchip.
* I will immediately notify K911 ResQ in the event of the dog’s death during the foster care period.
* I will allow a K911 ResQ representative to make periodic visits to my home during the foster care period. I will immediately notify K911 ResQ in any change or address, phone number, email address. I will also notify K911 ResQ of any plans to move or travel.
* I will immediately notify K911 ResQ of any need in returning the dog to the rescue.
* I will immediately return any foster dog in my care to K911 ResQ at the request of an authorized K911 ResQ representative at any time and for any reason.
* Should I decide to adopt the dog, I will notify K911 ResQ and follow adoption procedures.
* I understand that K911 ResQ makes every attempt to accurately represent the dog and that no representations are made by K911 ResQ as to the temperamental or mental disposition of the dog.
* I understand K911 ResQ makes every attempt to fully vet the dog prior to going into foster care, but in emergency foster situations, I am responsible for bringing the dog to any vet appointments or making plans for a K911 ResQ representative to if I am not able to make that appointment.
* I agree to foster the dog at my own risk, and indemnify and release K911 ResQ, it’s officers, directors, and volunteers, of any and all liability arising from damages to person(s) or property caused by the dog.
* If K911 ResQ is forced to undertake any action to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify K911 ResQ for all court costs and attorneys’ fees connected with such an action.
By placing your name in the box below it counts as an electronic signature and states that you have read everything in this document and agree to and will adhere to this document in it's entirety and that all of your answers above are true and correct.
Fill out your full name below and submit the application. You will be contacted shortly. Thank You for helping us save lives!