Both SFC-member and non-member interior designers and firms are eligible to enter the competition; residential interior design projects completed between April 1, 2017, and March 31, 2018, qualify. Entries must feature at least one product from an SFC-member manufacturer or supplier. (Search our database of SFC-member manufacturers and suppliers for eligible brands: https://sustainablefurnishings.org/memberlist .)
New in 2018: #GetYourGreenOn focuses on wood sourcing this year by asking entrants to share their best practices for determining if the wood furniture and furnishings they specified were made from responsibly sourced wood.
In addition, entrants are asked to detail their efforts to reduce hazardous chemicals (especially flame-retardant chemicals, fluorinated stain treatments, antimicrobials, vinyl, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including formaldehyde) in their residential interior design projects. These questions align with SFC’s “What’s it made of?” initiative, which encourages transparency in supply chains and stimulates innovation to eliminate hazardous substances in homes.
• #GetYourGreenOn winners and finalists will be announced during the fall of 2018.
• Entry fees are: $35 per entry for SFC Members; $50 per entry for non-members. Payment is made at registration and can be by check or credit card.
• High-resolution images for each entry are submitted via photo sharing services such as WeTransfer or Dropbox, or can be emailed or mailed. EACH IMAGE MUST BE LABELED.
• Questions? Contact Julie at 312-371-4645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The deadline for entries is (EXTENDED) Monday, September 17. Thank you!