Extended Laptop Checkout Application Presented by UAS Ketchikan
Through a generous grant awarded by the Department of Education for Alaska Native-serving institutions, UAS Ketchikan is proud to offer laptop computers for extended checkout to Finish College Alaska-eligible distance degree-seeking students and those students in the distance BLA and BASS taking courses through UAS Ketchikan.
These laptop computers are offered to support our rural distance students needing technology to access their classes. Computers will be supplied with MS Office (including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), a headset, webcam, DVD drive, and carrying case.
To be considered for this program, the recipient must:
1. Be a Finish College Alaska-eligible student and admitted to UAS; or be admitted into the UAS Bachelor of Liberal Arts or the Bachelor of Arts in Social Science degree program as a distance student; or be a degree-seeking student physically present in Ketchikan and enrolled in a program at the associate (AA/AS/AAS) level or higher.
2. Demonstrate a need for the technology
3. Complete this form in its entirety
We have a limited number of laptops for checkout. All applications meeting the above criteria will be considered, and first preference will be given to Alaska Native students and to distance students in rural Alaska.
Technology will be checked out on a rolling basis, and laptops may not always be available. If you know you will need a computer for your coursework, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions about your eligibility or availability of a computer, please do not hesitate to contact
Terms of Checkout:
- Students are allowed to keep the issued laptop and accessories as long as they are an active student at UAS
- Students will be asked to return the technology to the institution upon being awarded a degree, upon otherwise separating from the institution, or upon request by UAS Ketchikan
- Students are responsible for the technology while it is checked out to them
- Lost or stolen items must be reported to the institution immediately
- Broken accessories are the responsibility of the student to replace
- Broken or damaged computers will be repaired through a manufacturer’s warranty (at no cost to the student) and should be reported to the institution quickly for a timely repair or replacement
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UA.