Note on using the form:This form saves your responses only after you click the Submit button at the end of Section 4, which is the last page of the form. After submitting you will receive an automatic email receipt, from where you can go back to the saved form later and edit your responses if you wish (but not after the deadline!). Do not leave the form by closing the browser tab or web page without clicking Submit!
• Provide comments that highlight the nominee’s overall contribution based on the list of criteria.
• Use specific detailed examples rather than general praise. Remember that the committee reviewing recommendations can only base its decision on what you submit. Help the committee understand what this person has done. Imagine that none of them has ever met your nominee before, and go from there.
• Explain in detail how this nomination is related to at least two of the awards criteria:
1. The advancement of career development through research, theory, practice and/or leadership; Innovation and creativity in program development and/or service delivery; 2. Role-modeling leadership and vision within the organization and/or career development community; 3. Ongoing professional development and learning; and representing the optimal model of a caring professional whose knowledge, skills, and talents are valued by clients and colleagues.
• Use specific and descriptive wording. Don’t just say that “Jerry is really good with clients.” be detailed! For example: “Jerry takes the time to get to know his clients and is very careful to assess what they need and then to find the proper tools of which to work with them. He motivates them by understanding how they think. He follows up with them and gets them on track by using what motivates them. Every client is different. He has working clients with numerous barriers, but he has a placement rate of 82%. Most of his clients keep in touch with him to let him know how they are doing because he has made an impact on them, not because they have to.” Nominations can be typed in narrative or bullet point format.
• Submit nominations before 4pm on Friday, September 14th, 2018.