SSCE 2019 CRK
This testing is designed for the accessibility of blind/visually impaired persons. If you agree blind/visually impaired input your email to continue the test practice.
1. God blessed and hallowed the seventh day because it was a day of
2. Adam was placed in the garden of Eden located in the
3. The creation of woman was necessitated by the need for
4. Jacob showed preference for Joseph because Joseph
A. always spoke the truth
B. had the Spirit of God in him
C. loved his brothers unconditionally
D.was born in his old age.
5. The main reason for while joseph brothers sold him was
A. Love of money
C. Desire to eliminate others
6. Sphiphrah and puah refused to obey pharaoh because
A. pharaoh wanted to kill the israelite babies
B. Pharaoh wanted to control the hebrew population
C. They were kinsmen
D. They were women who feared God.
7. But behold, they will not believe me or listen to my voice, for they will say, the Lord did not appear to you. Who made this remark?
8. The Israelites asked Aaron to make gods for them because they.
A. wanted a god to lead them back to Eygpt
B. felt God had neglected them due to their sins
C. felt Moses had delayed on Mount Sinai
D.were under severe attack by the Egyptians
9. Joshua was invested with some of Moses’ authority so that the Israelites might.
A. Honour him
B. Bless him
C. Purify him
D. Obey him
10. Barak deployed a troop of ten thousand men as advised by Deborah on Mount
11. It is the Lord, let Him do what seems good to Him. These words were said by.
12. The glory has departed from Israel was the meaning of the name
13. Prophet Samuel, like Eli, had two worthless sons called
A. Joel and Abihu
B. Nadab and Abihu
C. Joel and Abijah
D. Gerhsom and Abijah
14. David entered into Saul’s service because he was
A. a skilful musician
B. Prudent in speech.
C. intelligent warrior
D.a man after God's heart
15. I have done wrong; return, my son David, for l will no more do you harm, because my life was precious in your eyes this day; ...Who made this statements?
16. The first child David had with Bathsheba died on the
A. Third day
B. Seventh day
C. Eleventh day
D. Fifteenth day
17. Solomon asked God for an understanding mind to govern Israel so that he could
A. rule in peace
B. develop the nation
C.discern what is right
D. build the temple for God.
18. During the dedication of the temple by Solomon, the cloud which filled the house symbolized the
C. Glory of God
D. Righteousness of the people
19. To your tents, O Israel! Look now to your own house, David. This call was made because.
A. Rehoboam increased the Northern Kingdom’s burden
B. Solomon favoured the Southern Kingdom.
C. Solomon imposed heavy taxes on the people.
D. Rehoboam refused to grant the Northerners’ petition
20. During the reign of King Ahab, Hiel of Bethel rebuilt Jericho at the cost of the live of his children.
A. Amram and Adonijah
B. Hophni and Phinehas
C.Abinadab and Malchishua
D. Abiram and Segub
21. As a result of King Ahab’s sin, the people of isreal suffered
22. Naboth was killed so that
A. God might punish Ahab and Jezebel
B.Ahab’s authority would prevail
C.Ahab might own his property
D. Ahab might stop fasting.
23. The aftermath of gehazi's actions led to Elisha
A. rebuking him for his greed
B. commending him for his cleverness
C pronouncing a curse on him and his generation.
D. stopping Gehazi from working
24. King Josiah was inspired to reform the worship of God in Judah by the
A. priests of Yahweh
B. temple Secretary, Shaphan
C. Workers repairing the temple
D. contents of the book of the la
25. The death of Josiah occurred when he
A. crossed the Jordan to Hazor
B. fought Pharaoh Neco at Megiddo
C. fought the Babylonians at Ur.
D. took his reforms to the North.
26. Which factor influence King Artaxerxes to favour Nehemiah?
27. Before rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem, Nehemiah first
A. confided in a few people with his plan
B. Called a general meeting to assess the damage.
C. studied and assessed the extent of damage
D. attacked the arch enemies of Judah.
28. The excellent spirit in Daniel caused the Satraps to be
A. angry with him
B. Jealous of him
C. bitter with him
D. friendly with him
29. In the book of Amos, selling the needy for a pair of shoes means
A. the needy had the same value as shoes
B. the needy did not need shoes
C. shoes were much more valuable than the needy
D. the rich dishonoured the less privileged.
30. According to Amos, the day of the Lord for the Jews would be a day of
31. The temptations of Jesus were meant to
A. make Him the Son of God
B. prepare Him for His ministry
C. help Him to overcome the devil
D. make Him a wonder-working Messiah
32. “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men”. This was addressed to
A. James and John
B. Peter and John
C. James and Andrew
D. Simon and Andrew
33. Which of these people were sons of Zebedee?
A. Peter and John
B. James and Simon
C. Andrew and Peter
D. John and James
34. According to the gospel of Matthew, the first two disciples of Jesus were
A. Tax collectors
D. Tent makers
35. "And as he passed on, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax office..."What did Jesus say to Levi?
A. Take your pallet and walk
B. Follow me
C. Rise up
D. I will make you a fisher of men
36. "Sit here, while I go yonder and pray."Jesus gave this instruction to the disciples at
37. "My father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me..." “Cup” as used here refers to
38. After the arrest of Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane, He was first taken to the courtyard of
C. Herod the Great
D. Herod Antipas
39. "Why do you still need witnesses? You have now heard his blasphemy." This remark was made by
A. Pontius Pilate
B. The Roman governor
C. the High Priest
D. The Sanhedrin
40. How was the sepulchre in which Jesus was laid secured by the Chief Priests?
A. Fixing a stone door and a lock
B. Rolling a hewn rock to the entrance
C. Setting a guard of Roman soldiers
D. Sealing the stone and setting a guard
41. The reason for the election of Matthias to replace Judas was to
A. show Peter’s authority as a leader
B. fulfill the words of the scripture
C. end the curse of Judas
D. add more people for the work.
42. The apostles preferred preaching to serving tables because
A. they were not called for alms giving
B. the Hellenist were complaining too much about discrimination
C. they were to devote themselves to prayer and the word.
D. serving tables was a tedious task for them
43. "For thou will not abandon my soul to Hades, nor let thy Holy one see corruption."Peter used this Psalm of David to defend Jesus’
44. Saul was a native of
45. King Herod arrested Peter because
A. he hated the apostles
B. he was the leader of the apostles
C. he was very notorious
D. He saw that James’ death pleased the Jews
46. To make prayer effective, James taught that Christians should
A. pray without ceasing
B. pray in tongues
C. have congregational prayers.
D. avoid double-mindedness.
47. The church demonstrates partiality when she
A. accords the poor much respect
B. respects the rich during worship
C. reserves the best seats for the rich
D. treats her members with impunity
48. Peter said that, when Church elders tend their flock well, they would obtain.
A. the crown of glory
C. love and holiness
49. According to Peter, a good citizen is one who
A. builds houses and rents to those who do not have
B. provides transports at reduced cost for other citizens
C. obeys the laws of the state and fulfils his obligations
D. helps to finance the government at all times
50. "Live as freemen, yet without using yourfreedom as a pretext for evil."Peter, by this text, was calling on Christians to
A. Resist the devil always
B. Do what is right
C. fight for their freedom
D. Endure pain while suffering
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service