2019 Unit Election Request Form
A copy of your responses will be sent to the email address specified below.
About Unit Elections
The Order of the Arrow is “Scouting’s National Honor Society.” It recognizes those who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily life and, by such recognition, cause other campers to conduct themselves in such a manner as to warrant similar recognition, to promote camping, and to crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
Each Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team with qualified Scouts is urged to hold an election no later than April 25, 2019, to elect candidates for an Ordeal to be held at T.L Storer Scout Reservation in May 2019, at Wah-Tut-Ca Scout Reservation in June 2019, or at Lone Tree Scout Reservation in October 2019.
The election should be held at a regularly scheduled unit meeting. Every effort should be made to have 100% attendance of both youths and adults at this meeting. A unit election cannot be held without at least 50% of the unit in attendance. An election team from the Order of the Arrow will be on hand to conduct the election once it has been scheduled with you.
Youth Membership Qualifications
1. A Boy Scout or Varsity Scout who holds the First Class rank, is under the age of 21, and is registered as an active member of the troop or team may, with the approval of his unit leader, is nominated for election. Prior to the annual election, the unit leader must certify the nominee’s scout spirit and youth membership qualifications.
2. After registration with a troop or team, the youth must have experienced 15 days and nights of Boy Scout camping during the two-year period prior to the election. The 15 days and nights must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of six consecutive days and five nights of resident camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scouts of America. The balance of the camping must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps.
Voting for youth candidates will be based on their spirit of brotherhood, cheerfulness (no matter how tiresome their duties), and a willingness to give unselfish and wholehearted service to others at all times.
Adult Membership Qualifications
Adult leaders in units: Each year, upon holding a troop or team election for youth candidates that result in at least one youth candidate being elected, the unit committee may nominate adults to the lodge adult selection committee. The number of adults nominated can be no more than one-third of the number of youth candidates elected, rounded up where the number of youth candidates is not a multiple of three. In addition to the one-third limit, the unit committee may nominate the currently-serving unit leader (but not assistant leaders), as long as he or she has served as unit leader for at least the previous twelve months. Recommendations of the adult selection committee, which consists of the lodge adviser, the chairman of the council committee on which the lodge adviser serves, and the lodge staff adviser, with the approval of the Scout executive, serving as Supreme Chief of the Fire, will be candidates for induction, provided the following conditions are fulfilled:
Selection of the adult is based on the ability to perform the necessary functions to help the Order fulfill its purpose, and not for recognition of service, including current or prior achievement and positions.
1. The individual will be an asset to the Order because of demonstrated abilities that fulfill the purpose of the Order.
2. The camping requirements set forth for youth members are fulfilled.
3. The adult leader’s membership will provide a positive example for the growth and development of the youth members of the lodge.
Should you have questions not addressed in this form, please feel free to reach out and we will do our best to promptly answer all questions. All email addresses go to both the youth member and their adult adviser for youth protection compliance.
Unit Elections Chairman - Alex Rogoff -
Lodge Secretary - Matthew Martineau -
Lodge Vice Chief - Connor -
Lodge Chief - Jack Nee -
Please click next to begin the form.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service