All members, inclusive of associate members, are welcome to attend our 14th AGM free-of-charge (dinner included).
At each AGM, we usually invite a speaker to speak on a contemporary topic.
This year, we have Prof Toh Chai Keong from IDA who will walk us through this hot topic --
Singapore's Smart Nation Vision.
Be amongst the first to know more about what this 'Smart Nation" concept is all about.
It will be followed by a Q & A session and in view of time constraint, you are invited to send in your questions in advance to the secretariat.
Attendees whose questions are selected will take home a bottle of wine and must be present to collect.
Prof Toh has 2 decades of technology experiences across multiple countries -- Singapore, USA, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China, serving in roles which include managing key DARPA defence research projects at US Companies such as ALICO systems and TRW systems. He has also led technology roadmaps, products developments,and R&D patents on mobile networking technology.
Here's a synopsis of his presentation:
Singapore’s Smart Nation Vision
- what this is all about…
- what we are trying to achieve…
- how it will benefit Singapore
Smart Nation Architectures
- how it will look like
- the 3 layers
- the eco system - players
- the adopters
Smart Nation Technologies
- HetNet & 5G
- Smart Applications
- Smart Services
ITE HQ (AMK)
2 Ang Mo Kio Drive, Singapore 567720
Meeting Room: Speaker's Room ( "Chamber of Parliament" )
(Block B, Level 1)
1. Nearest MRT: Ang Mo Kio
Bus no: 88 (5th bus stop)
2. Carpark: within campus (please follow directional signs upon entry into campus)
Start of AGM: 6:30pm SHARP
To minimize food wastage and cost, attendees are required to register to attend. In the unlikely event that you cannot show up AFTER registration,kindly inform the Secretary at least 2 days before hand.
For details, please contact our Secretariat Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attire: Office attire; smart casual
1. 6.00pm Registration & Cocktails
2. 6:30pm Jane Lim, facilitator calls meeting to order
3. 6:40pm Opening remarks by Chairman, Wong Kan Seng
4. 6:45pm Annual report by President, Han Jok Kwang
Receive and adopt the Annual Report of 2013/2014.
5. 6.55pm Treasurer’s Report, Soh Eng Ann
Receive and adopt the accounts and auditors report
for the year ending 31Dec2014
6. 7.00pm Election of office-bearers for year 2015/2016
7. 7.05pm AOB
8. 7.10pm Dinner and Network Time
9. 8.00pm Presentation and Q & A by Prof Toh Chai Keong, Asst Chief Executive
(Engg and Tech) IDA -- Singapore's Smart Nation Vision
10. 9.15pm End of program