Junior Business Developer - Computational Drug Discovery
Acellera, a leader in computational chemistry software and services in drug discovery, is seeking an energetic, highly driven and goal-oriented individual to join our team.
Acellera’s mission is to accelerate the transition to computerized drug discovery. Our team is focused on delivering state-of-the art applications for computational drug discovery via the Playmolecule platform. Founded in 2006, we were one of the first companies worldwide to leverage the use of novel accelerator processor technology (GPU). We have collaborated with Novartis, Pfizer, UCB, Janssen and Biogen and our software is used by hundreds of users both in academia and pharma companies. Our headquarters are in London (UK) and the R&D centre is located within the informatic and innovation hub in Barcelona (Spain). Our software includes PlayMolecule, ACEMD, HTMD, KDEEP, etc. In particular, PlayMolecule is the first platform to offer molecular dynamics and machine learning applications for drug discovery with a specific focus on drug design.
You will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and developing new software and services business within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Your customer base will include scientists, departmental management, and senior pharma/biotech executives. In addition, you’ll interact closely with scientists and the senior management team, working in a strong team environment.
Please be aware that before applying to this position you need to have a valid EU visa/work permit.
● A conscientious and highly-motivated self-starter
● A computational chemistry enthusiast
● An outstanding customer relationship manager
● A highly successful salesperson
● Very good English language skills
● Willingness to travel
● A fantastic team player
● An excellent communicator and problem-solver
● Manage and grow existing accounts
● Identify, qualify, and develop new business
● Develop and maintain exceptional account relationships at all levels through effective communication, education, reporting and problem-solving
● Manage support and solutions teams within accounts and provide critical feedback to aid in product development
● Collaborate to develop territory-specific advertising strategies
● Produce timely and accurate business reports and revenue forecasts
● Represent Acellera at conferences
● Report to the office in Barcelona when not traveling for company business
● Extensive and deep familiarity with computational chemistry software, research informatics and/or drug discovery processes
● A minimum experience of selling software/services in the drug discovery/development domain
● A solid track record of successful sales (quota and new business growth)
● A strong ability to present and communicate scientifically-sophisticated solutions to address complex research problems
● Able to develop effective sales strategies, communicate opportunities with colleagues and maintain an accurate sales forecast
● Must be self-sufficient in closing deals including negotiations, terms, procurement, and managing the implementation of our solutions
● Bachelor or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related science preferred
● Very good English communication skills
● EU visa/work permit
● Full time, permanent contract. Start date Q3-Q4 2019.
● A competitive salary, aligned to market practices and cost of living in Barcelona.
● Flexible environment with a good balance between professional and personal life.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Acellera Ltd.
Terms of Service