SULS GRANTS POLICY
1. SULS Equity Grants may be provided to applicants who satisfy the necessary criteria, where money is to be allocated to:
1.2. Participation in competitions endorsed by the Law Faculty or SULS
1.3. First Year Camp (by the way of subsidy)
1.4. Law Ball (by the way of subsidy)
1.5. Any other purpose deemed suitable by the Equity Officer.
2. SULS Equity Grants will not exceed $100.
3. Satisfaction of any of the following criteria may justify the awarding of a SULS Equity
3.1. The applicant is suffering undue financial hardship, where not supported by family, and not solely relating to:
3.1.1. Unjustifiable lack of employment;
3.1.2. Educational commitments; or
3.1.3. Unjustifiable misallocation of funds.
3.2. The applicant has recently moved from interstate or overseas, and is currently seeking employment.
3.3. The applicant has experienced a recent family tragedy or major setback which affects his or her immediate access to funds.
3.4. The applicant has a lack of sufficient income due to short-term, unusually excessive burdens of education AND extracurricular activity.
3.5. The applicant has been acknowledged as disadvantaged by the government and is receiving Centrelink benefits accordingly.
4. Section 3 does not provide an exhaustive list.
5. All grant applications will be decided wholly at the discretion of the SULS Equity Officer considering all the circumstances of the application.
6. Only one grant application can be made at any one time. If a later application is made, it will be decided wholly at the discretion of the SULS Equity Officer, considering:
6.1. All the circumstances of the application; and
6.2. The number of grant applications previously made.
7. The decision as to whether any financial contribution should be made is at the absolute discretion of the SULS Executive. Once a decision has been reached, there is no duty for SULS to give reasons for their decision.
Please note that your application and all information that you disclose will be kept strictly confidential. To be eligible for the scheme, completion of the entire form is required.