CEW seeks opportunities to partner with U-M departments and other campus units to contribute to the intellectual diversity of the University community through a special endowment.
The CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund promotes diversity and cultural awareness by bringing women leaders to campus. Visiting leaders who are distinguished scholars and/or practitioners in their fields should spend time interacting with students, faculty and staff in seminars, presentations, classes and informal gatherings. Support for visiting leaders from the CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund require that a scheduled event be free and open to the public.
Requirements for the CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund
* All proposals submitted for co-sponsorship must clearly indicate that the event that is free and open to the public.
* Proposals must include a complete budget documenting funding sources and other event collaborators.
* All publicity for events must have the co-sponsorship of the CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund listed and
include the CEW logo.
* Promotional materials (e.g., press releases, flyers, announcement and event programs, etc.) listing CEW as a co-sponsor must
be reviewed and approved by CEW prior to circulation/distribution.
* An electronic copy of all promotional materials and the final program created for the event must be submitted to CEW along with the final budget
within 30 days after the event.
Each academic year, CEW will support up to 8 proposals: 3 proposals up to $5,000.00 and 5 proposals up to $1,000.00. Past examples of co-sponsorships include:
- Come as You Are: Art of the 1990s: Curator lecture with Alexandra Schwartz (UMMA)
- Teach-In + 50: End the War Against the Planet (College of Literature, Science and the Arts -LS&A)
- Women's Rights in the 21st Century (International Institute)
- She's the First Student Organization (Student Affairs)
- William Trotter Lecture Support (Student Affairs)
A review committee comprised of faculty, staff and students will make the award selections. Preference will be given to those proposals that are most in alignment with CEW's mission and the purpose of the Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund.
Only those proposals submitted via the CEW online form will be considered.
2016 Fall Semester: September 15, 2016 (minimum 6 weeks before the event)
2017 Winter Semester: December 1, 2016
2017 Spring/Summer Semester: March 1, 2017
Co-sponsorship requests must be submitted by the deadline and at least SIX (6) WEEKS before the proposed programming. Requests for retroactive funding will not be considered.