2019-2020 AVID ELECTIVE INTEREST FORM
If you are interested in your child taking the AVID Elective for the 2019-2020 school year, please complete the google form below with some information about your child to get started with the registration process.
Note: There is an application and interview process for each student to be considered for the elective. Those students that have been selected to apply will be notified in the upcoming weeks.
Please be mindful that if your child has expressed the interest in taking a yearlong course such as Band, Orchestra, or Spanish, they will not be able to take the AVID Elective, as it is a yearlong course as well.
Student must fit the following criteria:
1. The student is in the academic middle, may need the support of the AVID class, and might be:
• Of an ethnicity traditionally underserved in colleges
• From a low-income family
• A first-generation college attendee from his/her family
• Faced with circumstances that may be obstacles to achievement
• Any combination of the above
2. The student has between a 2.0 and 3.5 GPA, but has a desire to do better.
3. The student has appropriate classroom behavior.
4. The student has good attendance.
5. The student has the motivation and desire to prepare for entrance to a four-year college or
Mallard Creek Elementary School
Highland Creek Elementary School
Croft Elementary School
David Cox Elementary
Ridge Road Middle
Grade Level (2019-2020 School Year)
Math EOG Score (Previous Year)
Reading EOG Score(Previous Year)
Parent(s) or Guardian(s) Name
Parent(s) or Guardian(s) Phone Number
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools.