Welcome! We are so excited you're here!!!!
After you fill out this form, you will be added to the additional relevant Slack channels, so please stay updated on Slack.
We have created a Text Team structure with various volunteer teams in order to create opportunities for everyone to contribute to our movement in a way that works for them! Before indicating interest, make sure you have joined our Slack.
****EACH TEAM HAS A PRIVATE SLACK CHANNEL. ONCE YOU FILL OUT THIS FORM, YOU WILL BE ADDED TO THE RELEVANT SLACK CHANNELS FOR EACH TEAM YOU SIGN UP FOR, SO PLEASE CHECK SLACK WITHIN A FEW HOURS OF COMPLETING THIS FORM*****
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF OUR TEXTING TEAM STRUCTURE:
SUPER-TEXTER (1 HOUR PER WEEK):
To be on the official "Texting Team" as a Super-Texter and to be added to the private #super-texters channel in our Slack, you must commit to texting for at least 1 hour a week!
If you are interested in helping drive the movement forward in a way beyond just texting, we have these additional Impact Teams that are open to our Super-Texters! Soon after you complete this Google Form to sign up, you will be added to some additional private channels on Slack where these efforts are organized. Once you are added to each Impact Team's channel on Slack, you should receive a set of onboarding instructions in that channel.
1. Moderators-In-Training: Moderate and Support Texters in the Slack, especially on Tuesday.
2. Script and FAQ Writers: Create, review, and edit scripts and develop the FAQ materials for our texting and calling program.
3. Trainers and Onboarders: Help onboard and train new volunteers on Slack and Spoke especially at Texting Tuesday!
4. Text Sweepers: Review the messages that we receive that haven't been fully captured in the data, identify patterns, and make suggestions for how to edit our script moving forward!
5. Data Analysis: Text campaign analysis and other exciting data analytics to help People's Action, member orgs, and their volunteers.
6. Coding Crew: Help create different programs and tools that help automate text team operations.
7. Marketing Team: Help to Create Graphic Designs, Edit Videos, and Create Social Media Campaigns.
8. Jam Session: Connect artists to People’s Action events; useful if you already have these connections!
9. Logistics Team: Identify barriers that texters face, come up with ideas to improve the functioning of the text team, and create resources to fit those needs!
After you complete this form you will receive a confirmation email usually within 15 minutes at the email address you provide below with a copy of your responses, though it could potentially be delayed as long as one day.
If you have not seen any new channels in Slack or have any other questions, please reach out to us the People's Action Text Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org