FBFC Board of Directors Application
To apply as a candidate for the FBFC Board of Directors, you'll need to read and determine you meet the requirements. Please contact
should you face any barriers to applying or membership.
Each FBFC Board Member must:
● Be 21 years of age or older.
● Be an owner in good standing as of Oct. 7, 2020.
In order to serve, all board members must:
● Attend at least nine monthly board meetings per year (third Thursday of each month, 5:30-8 pm), board retreats (1-2 weekend days per year), the annual meeting for owners in late spring, as well as occasional co-op events and special meetings scheduled on short notice as needed (these are rare).
● Have frequent, reliable access to phone and email to read and respond to emails between meetings.
● Read and study co-op bylaws, policies, articles of incorporation, industry articles, information on the board's governance model, and other co-op related material.
● Serve on, and possibly chair, a board committee.
● Commit to a term of three years.
● Work cooperatively with other board members to monitor, evaluate, and consult with the general manager within the decision-making process of the board.
● Uphold the duty of loyalty by disclosing potential conflicts of interest, not compete with the cooperative, and honor confidentiality.
Are you a current FBFC owner?
Applicants who are not current FBFC owners will not be turned away.
Do you understand and meet the qualifications and requirements to serve as a board member at the French Broad Food Co-op?
If you select "no," please send
a follow-up email to help resolve anything that's unclear or identify an obstacle in selecting "yes."
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service