College of Education Ideathon 2018
Thank you for your interest in the COE Ideathon! Please read the following information and then select NEXT at the bottom to proceed to the application. Please note the applications are due *Monday, January 8, at 5:00 pm.*
WHAT IS IDEATHON?
Ideathon is an intensive, 2-day experience that challenges students to collaborate and innovate towards addressing some kind of real-world problem. For the 2018 College of Education Ideathon we will focus on the following topic:
• How can we better address the educational needs of immigrant & refugee children, youth and families in our schools and communities in the Seattle region?
AM I ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
If you are an undergraduate student who has declared the ECFS or ECO majors, or the ELS minor, then you are eligible to participate.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IDEATHON?
The Ideathon will take place on January 19 & 20, 2018. You must be available from 5:00 PM on Friday until 9:00 PM on Saturday. The event will take place at locations on the UW Seattle campus. Most meals will be provided.
HOW IS IDEATHON STRUCTURED?
• On Friday evening you will learn about different perspectives on the topic from stakeholder experts -- parents, educators, community members, policy makers, and so on.
• On Saturday morning and early afternoon, you will work in student teams towards articulating the stakeholder perspectives *and* proposing an innovation that could be implemented by one of the stakeholder groups.
• On Saturday evening, you and your team will present your findings and innovations. Judges will provide feedback and award prizes!
• Throughout the weekend, advanced graduate students will coach each student team through the process.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF PARTICIPATING?
• You will learn about the wide range of stakeholders and perspectives around this topic
• You will have opportunities to network with local education and community-based professionals
• You will enjoy collaborating and innovating with a team of other students
CAN I GET ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR PARTICIPATING?
Yes, you can receive up to 1 credit for your participation if you wish. Details will be sent to participants upon acceptance of the application.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Select the NEXT button below to access the application. The number of participants may be limited based on location capacities. Your responses will be used to match you with other students to create teams.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UW.