GameSchoolCon Volunteer/Work Exchange Crew Application
Thanks for offering to lend a hand or join our Work Exchange Crew!
New volunteers approved for the WEC will be reimbursed for their GameSchoolCon pass *after* GameSchoolCon concludes, so make sure to purchase your ticket! Returning WEC volunteers can receive a code to register at $0 by prearrangement....if this is you, contact Sasha at
There are a limited number of WEC spots available and WEC spots are not guaranteed. WEC spots will be determined in March 2021 and applicants will be notified ASAP!
Email (one you check regularly!)
Phone number (cell preferred, a phone you'll have DURING GameSchoolCon)
Full mailing address
Age Group (volunteers must be 16+)
Teen Volunteers - please give the name of the adult who will be responsible for you during GameSchoolCon:
Teen Volunteers - please give the phone number of the adult who will be responsible for you during GameSchoolCon:
Teen Volunteers - please give the email address of the adult who will be responsible for you during GameSchoolCon:
Are you a:
New WEC Volunteer (never volunteered on GameSchoolCon's Work Exchange Crew before)
Returning WEC Volunteer (volunteered on GameSchoolCon's Work Exchange Crew in 2019 and/or in February 2020)
Have you registered for GameSchoolCon yet?
I understand that new WEC volunteers must pre-register for GameSchoolCon and that any reimbursement amount earned through the Work Exchange Crew will be refunded AFTER GameSchoolCon (usually around 4 weeks). My refund will be calculated based on the number of hours I volunteer.
I understand and agree
How many hours can you volunteer at GameSchoolCon?
1-2 hours; I'm just happy to help!
up to 4 hours; I'm just happy to help!
6 hours over the entire weekend; I'm hoping to join the Work Exchange Crew and receive a reimbursement of my ticket cost, or to preregister for $0 if I'm a returning WEC volunteer.
6 hours over the entire weekend; I'm just happy to help! No reimbursement necessary.
12 hours over the entire weekend; I'm hoping to join the Work Exchange Crew and receive a reimbursement of my ticket cost and the ticket cost for one immediate family member, or to preregister for $0 if I'm a returning WEC volunteer.
12 hours over the entire weekend; I'm just happy to help! No reimbursement necessary.
As many as needed; I'm hoping to join the Work Exchange Crew and receive a reimbursement of my ticket cost and the ticket cost for one immediate family member, and I understand that I can be reimbursed for two tickets, max.
As many as needed; I'm just happy to help! No reimbursement necessary.
If you are applying to join the Work Exchange Crew for 12 hours and earn two reimbursements, what is the name of your immediate family member whose ticket will be reimbursed?
Where would you like to volunteer?
Load in - BEFORE GameSchoolCon begins
Load out - AFTER GameSchoolCon concludes
Board Game Library
Video Game Room
Dance Party planning/setup/execution/cleanup
Gamerunner (teach/run board games in the board game room)
Runner (requires a car to drive offsite for errands)
A/V help - projector and mic
Merch table (must be comfortable handling money)
Sell raffle tickets (must be comfortable handling money)
It all sounds fun to me! Put me anywhere.
What day/time will you be arriving at GameSchoolCon?
What day/time will you be leaving GameSchoolCon?
Any days/times you will NOT be available?
I have read the Family Event Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement (below) and understand and agree to all terms and conditions of the Family Event Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
I understand and agree
I have read the GameSchoolCon Code of Conduct (below) and understand and agree to all terms and conditions of the GameSchoolCon Code of Conduct
I understand and agree
Anything else we need to know?
GameSchoolCon Family Event Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
Family Event Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
You must read and agree to this Release of Liability Form before registering for the event. If you do not agree to this Release of Liability Form, your registration will be canceled.
In consideration of being permitted to attend GameSchoolCon, and on behalf of myself and my minor children as well as any minor children attending with me and identified on my registration form (collectively “Participants”), I hereby:
1. Agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless Blind Chicken Enterprises LLC, DBA GameSchoolCon, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively "GameSchoolCon") from any liability, loss, damage or cost that may occur or be incurred due to the Participants' participation in GameSchoolCon Events;
2. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue GameSchoolCon from all liability to Participants for any loss or damages, and any claim or demands on account of injury to or resulting in death of Participants, whether caused by the negligence of GameSchoolCon or of any other person;
3. Assume full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury or death, whether due to the negligence of GameSchoolCon or otherwise. I expressly acknowledge and understand that accidents and injuries may occur while at GameSchoolCon Events and expressly assume all of the risks due to the negligence of GameSchoolCon and any others participating or contributing to GameSchoolCon Events;
4. Expressly agree, permit and assume the risk of any medical treatment which may be rendered and agree to expressly release and indemnify GameSchoolCon from any liability for providing, or failing to provide, any emergency medical treatment;
5. I understand that I am solely responsible for the welfare and safety of myself and my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to GameSchoolCon Events, and I agree to supervise my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to GameSchoolCon events, and that GameSchoolCon shall have no obligation to supervise Participants or any other individuals attending GameSchoolCon Events. I further understand that GameSchoolCon will not provide insurance for Participants at GameSchoolCon Events, and that Participants' personal insurance will apply;
6. I agree to help encourage a safe and respectful atmosphere at GameSchoolCon Events by discussing with my family the responsibilities of being in a group that consists of a variety of ages -- young children, teens and adults. I agree to refrain from engaging in illegal activities of any kind, and I understand that I am solely responsible for the activities of myself and my minor children and any minor children accompanying me to GameSchoolCon Events;
7. I understand that both Participants and professional photographers and videographers often take photos and video during GameSchoolCon Events, including GameSchoolCon's volunteers, staff, and official photographers. I hereby grant and authorize the right to take, edit, alter, copy, publish, exhibit, distribute, and make use of any and all pictures or video taken of me and my children to be used on GameSchoolCon’s website, on related websites, and in GameSchoolCon publications and promotional materials, including, but not limited to, newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, advertisements, annual reports, press kits and submissions to journalists, websites, social networking sites and other print and digital communications, without payment or any other consideration. This authorization extends to all languages, media, formats and markets now known or hereafter devised. This authorization shall continue indefinitely, unless I otherwise revoke said authorization in writing.
I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
GameSchoolCon Code of Conduct
All registered guests, exhibitors, staff members, volunteers, speakers, demo teams, Gamerunners, and other participants are expected to demonstrate respect for the space we are occupying and the other people who are sharing it. Specifically, this means abiding by the following rules:
- All attendees must wear their badge so that it is visible to staff members and volunteers.
- Please do not bring outside food (not purchased from the hotel) into conference space, and be mindful of food and drink in gaming areas.
- Return all Board Game Library game components to their box and return games to the Board Game Librarian before the BGL closes each evening.
- Be respectful of the hotel space and their hardworking staff. They are our partners in creating this event for all of us.
- There is no childcare provided at GameSchoolCon. Make sure you know where your children are and what they are doing.
- Monitor your belongings and turn found items in to the info/registration desk. GameSchoolCon is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Underage alcohol or marijuana use will result in expulsion and no refund will be issued.
- No illegal drug use of any kind at GameSchoolCon. Violation may result in expulsion and no refund will be issued.
- There is no smoking or vaping allowed anywhere within the hotel building. Go outside and use designated smoking areas.
- No weapons are allowed at GameSchoolCon, including tasers, "decorative" knives, or sword canes. Violation may result in expulsion and no refund will be issued.
- Cosplay weapons (only nonfunctional props allowed!) are subject to inspection and tagging by GameSchoolCon staff.
- Cosplay and street clothes alike must, at minimum, cover body parts usually covered by a bathing suit.
- LARPing, Quiddich, Nerf battles, etc. must be organized by conference staff or volunteers. Violation may result in expulsion and no refund will be issued.
- GameSchoolCon strives to be a safer environment for all people regardless of race, gender, class, religion, size, or ability. If you are not able to leave your racism, homophobia, transphobia, fatphobia, ableism, classism, or any other form of bigotry at home, we suggest you stay at home and do not attend GameScholCon. Harassment, bullying, or mistreatment of other GameSchoolCon guests, staff, volunteers, Gamerunners, demo teams, or hotel staff may result in expulsion and no refund will be issued.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service