1) Facilities Policiesa) You are expected to restrict your use of the STEPPA CYBER facilities to lawful purposes consistent with and related to legitimate network and security research analysis of the collected data. Expressly prohibited are any uses in conflict with STEPPA CYBER projects. Ask for a STEPPA Principal Investigator (PI) if you have questions about the appropriate use of STEPPA Cyber machines or data. Steppa Cyber Inc. and any of its employees are not responsible of any illegitimate action conduct based on our data or tools. b) Use of these facilities to gain unauthorized access to any other account or information, at this facility or any other facility, is prohibited. Transmission of any material in violation of any Canada or state/country regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material (unless authorized by the copyright holder), threatening or obscene material, or material protected by trade secret.
2) Account Policiesa) Any Steppa Cyber Inc. subscription and account are assigned by an approved STEPPA CYBER staff member to, and for use by, a single individual. Sharing or loaning accounts is prohibited. Specifically, giving your password to anyone for any reason IS NOT appropriate, logging in and letting your guest use your account IS appropriate as long as you supervise your guest’s use of your account. Sharing the data extracted from our tools is also prohibited without being authorized by Steppa Cyber. b) For purposes of firewall configuration, you will submit an IP address, or IP address range, or a MAC from which you will access STEPPA CYBER machines to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can access STEPPA CYBER services and data from the authorized machine only.
3) Shared Resources Policiesa) STEPPA CYBER is responsible for restricting access to sensitive data such as raw trace data from its monitors or sensors. Users must have specific group membership to gain read access to the data files. Users are forbidden to transfer the data to another host/person/machine/entity without getting approval from Steppa Cyber.b) In consideration of other users on the shared computer resources, we expect users to: 1) use the commands in a way to lower the priority of large processes, or use them to schedule jobs to run at night or over the weekend, and 2) conserve resources like memory and disk space.
4) PublicationsIf you are using our data for a research purpose, you might be interested in publishing your findings. Publishers must work closely with our researchers and get approval from the cyber security R&D Lab at Steppa Cyber before publishing any material.
5) CommercializationSteppa Cyber encourages startups and small businesses to build their products on top of Steppa Cyber tools and data. All entities must work closely with our researchers and get approval from the cyber security R&D Lab at Steppa Cyber before commercializing any product, service, data, or material.
I understand and will abide by the above terms and conditions. If the propriety of any situation is unclear, I will ask for clarification from STEPPA CYBER Principal Investigators rather than making assumptions. I understand that my access to sensitive data may be revoked if I do not adhere to these terms and conditions or for any other reason that might not be approved by Steppa Cyber Inc. Any incomplete application will not be accepted.
Last Modified, February 5th, 2018Copyright: Steppa Cyber Inc. All rights reservedFor more information, please contact us at email@example.com or visit our website www.steppa.caMail: 2234 Prefontaine, Longueuil, Quebec, Canada