1. Isaiah said, in Isaiah 2:2-3,
“Now it shall come to pass in the ________ _____,
That the mountain of the Lord’s _______
Shall be _______ on the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And ________ ________ shall flow to it.
Many people shall go and say,
‘Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the _______ of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths;'
For out of _______ shall go forth the ______,
And the ______ of the Lord from ________.”
*Remember that in our last lesson we learned that the house of God is the church
*From this prophecy, we learn that the Lord’s HOUSE is to be established in the LAST DAYS in the city of JERUSALEM and ALL NATIONS shall flow unto it. Keep these points in mind as we look for its fulfillment. (Note that the church could not be established while the law was in force, because it was given only to the Israelites, but all nations were to constitute the house of God. Thus the fulfillment will have to come after the death of Christ - See Colossians 2:14).
2. In Matthew 3:1-2, John the Baptist preached the _____________________________ was at hand.
3. In Mark 1:15, Jesus taught that the kingdom was ___________.
4. In Matthew 10:7, the twelve were taught to preach that the kingdom was _________.
5. In Luke 10:9, the seventy were told to preach that the kingdom of God has “come _________ to you.”
6. In Matthew 6:9-10, Jesus taught the disciples to pray, “Your ___________ come.”
7. In our study of the church so far, we've learned that the kingdom and the ________ are the same institution.
8. In Matthew 16:18, Jesus said, “...on this rock I _____ build My ______.”
*If still a promise, it had not been established at this time.
9. In Mark 9:1, Jesus said, “There are some standing here who will not taste death til they see the _________ of God present with ________.”
10. In Luke 24:49, Jesus said, “Behold, I send the _________ of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of ______________, until you are endued with ________ from on high."
11. In John 14:16-17, Jesus said, “And I will _______ the Father, and He will give you another _________, that He may abide with you forever -- the ______ of truth...”
*This is the promise Jesus was speaking of in Luke 24:49. See also John 14:26; 15:26, and 16:12-13.
12. In Acts 1:6, the disciples of Jesus asked Him, “Lord, will You at this time restore the _________ of Israel?”
Jesus pointed out that He could not tell them (verse 7), but He did assure them saying, “But you shall receive _______, when the ________ _______ has come upon you...” (verse 8)
13. After the death of Christ, which abolished the Old Law (See Ephesians 2:15), Jesus said to His disciples, “that __________ and remission of sins should be preached in His name to _____ _______, ______ at ___________.” (Luke 24:47)
Having considered these passages of prophecy, we have learned that the kingdom, which is the church, was AT HAND; that it would come during the lifetime of the twelve; that it would come when the PROMISE of the HOLY SPIRIT was sent from the Father; when ALL NATIONS should have repentance and remission of sins preached unto them; and it would come in the city of JERUSALEM. Compare these prophecies with the one from Isaiah and you will see that they are identical in all points.
We are now ready to see the fulfillment. While working the next exercise, keep in mind these prophecies and you will see their fulfillment.