If you would still like to attend this event, we will be accepting walk-ins between the hours of 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please review the following list of rules for the adoption fair. If you have any questions, please email Kira at email@example.com. Please do not contact the rescue directly!
1) Adoptions will be handled by appointment at 15 minute intervals throughout the day of the event. This was the average time it took adopters at our last event to visit with the adoptable birds in The Landing Zone. Please note that some adoptions may take longer than others, so please be patient.
2) Appointments will be scheduled at an available time of the adopters choosing before submitting this registration. If you choose not to schedule an adoption time, you will be considered a walk-in the day of the event and handled as such.
3) If you are unable to complete this online form prior to the deadline or choose not to, walk-in applications will be accepted the day of the event. However, there will be no time slots allotted for walk-ins.
4) Walk-ins will be handled in the order of arrival and fit into the first vacant time slot on the day of the event. Printed registration forms will be available at The Landing Zone on the day of the event. Please note that the standard FFF adoption application will not be accepted.
5) It is recommended that all appointments arrive at the rescue and check in at The Landing Zone at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you are not present at your appointment time, your slot may be given to a walk-in.
6) A valid email address is required when registering for this event. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check on a regular basis. This is how we will contact you with information about the event and/or if any issues arise.
7) Anyone wishing to adopt a bird during this event MUST come with proper transportation (ie. carrier or travel cage) for their future feathered friend. A cardboard box is NOT proper transportation! If you do not have proper transportation with you, you WILL NOT be allowed to adopt a bird!
8) It is the adopter's responsibility to have a properly sized cage at home for their future feathered friend. If you are unsure about cage size, please do your research online at a reputable site or email Kira directly.
9) The majority of birds available for this event will be Budgies, Cockatiels, Lovebirds and Conures. However, just like with our last event, other birds will be available for adoption the day of the fair. There will also be a few larger parrots available for adoption at this event for those experienced with large parrots. Additional paperwork will be required for large parrot adoptions!
10) There will not be a listing of specific types of birds available for adoption. Please do not call or email asking about specific types of birds that will be adoptable.
11) The application fee has been waived for this event.
12) Adoption fees are as follows: Budgies $10, Lovebirds $50, Cockatiels $50, and Conures $165 and up. The handlers at the event will have adoption fee pricing with them for all other birds that are adoptable at this event. If you are interested in adopting a large parrot (yes, we will have a few available at this event), additional paperwork will be required!
13) Payment of adoption fees must be paid at the time of the adoption. Cash and Credit Card will be accepted. However, since this is a fundraising event, if you will be using a credit card a 2.9% + $0.30 fee will be added to the transaction to cover processing fees.
14) For adoptions outside of this event, please visit FFF's website at https://www.featheredfriendsforever.org/adopt-a-bird/ for more information and to download an adoption application.
We look forward to seeing everyone on April 20th!