1. I agree to conduct myself in a courteous and professional manner as a volunteer and as a representative of Mountain Pet Rescue Asheville (MPR AVL). I acknowledge and agree that my participation in volunteering for MPR AVL is a privilege that may be withdrawn at any time by MPR AVL with or without cause.
2. As a volunteer for MPR AVL, I release and forever discharge and hold harmless MPR AVL and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arises or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to MPR AVL.
3. I understand and acknowledge that this release discharges MPR AVL from any liability or claim that I may have against MPR AVL with respect from bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from my volunteer services.
4. I acknowledge and understand that as a volunteer of MPR AVL that I am providing my services in a volunteer capacity without any expectation of salary or benefits.
5. I am not covered by workers’ compensation or any other insurance policy through MPR AVL for any damages or injuries I may sustain during volunteer activities. I understand that I am responsible for obtaining health insurance coverage through an independent health insurance company.
6. I acknowledge and agree that animal bites or other injuries to humans and other animals do occur, and that all animals can carry and transmit diseases, including diseases that can be transferred from animals to humans.
7. I understand that MPR AVL will not be responsible for any damage that an animal may inflict on any person, another animal, or any property, or for the transmission or transfer of any disease or parasite to other animals or people. No attempt will ever be made by myself, or anyone on my behalf, to hold MPR AVL responsible for such damages. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm resulting from my participation with MPR AVL.
8. PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE: During my volunteer time with MPR AVL, I understand my photo or video may be taken at various events. I hereby grant MPR AVL permission to use my likeness in photograph(s) or video(s) in any and all of its publications (print and online), whether now known or hereafter existing. I will make no monetary or other claim against MPR AVL for the use of the photograph(s) and/or video(s). Should you choose to OPT OUT of photo/video release, please email: VOLUNTEER@MPRAVL.ORG