Presented by Dixon Place, 161A Chrystie Street, btwn Rivington and Delancey, New York, NY 10002, artists will have the opportunity to showcase their work on a FULLY EQUIPPED PERFORMANCE SPACE measuring 35 ft X 20 ft with a SPRUNG MASONITE FLOOR.
Please read the guidelines below before completing this form.
2018 show dates are as follows:
Wednesday, MARCH 28 at 7:30
Wednesday, JUNE 27 at 7:30
Deadline to apply for March 28 and June 27 is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22ND, Midnight.
You will receive our response by: JANUARY 15, 2018.
NB: There will be a second application process in April 2018 for the last 2 shows in 2018 on Sept 26 and Nov 28.
8 In Show encourages choreographers working in all dance forms and the proposed work should meet the following criteria:
* Runtime should be a minimum of 5 minutes & a maximum of 12 minutes.
* If invited to participate, artists should plan to show the same piece as described in their application.
* The proposed work should be new or recently re-worked with primarily new choreography.
What 8 In Show will do for you:
* Provide performance space and technical support
* Provide marketing support: Dixon Place will list the show on their website, in an e-blast, and will send listings to press
* Each company will receive a stipend of $25 + Free Professional Photographs
* Each company will receive a free archival video of the performance
* Post-performance reception and interaction opportunity with the audience
* Each company will receive a maximum of 20 minutes of technical rehearsal in the theater on performance day between 3.30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
* Each company will get 2 music cues and 4 light cues, provided that the individual dance company provides someone to call cues during the performance. Pieces that do NOT provide someone to call cues will be limited to one general lighting look which typically means a blackout to start, one light look to come up from blackout, and then a blackout to end.
* Provide feedback from the audience.
What 8 In Show expects from you:
* A work within the agreed performance length between 5 min and 12 minutes.
* 8 In Show will require at least one photo image for marketing purposes (PDF, Tiff).
* Your representative will be asked to write a short description about the piece for marketing purposes.
* To be part of our team and help spread the word about your show.