HMS/PVHS Distance Learning Feedback
The purpose of this survey is to collect feedback from families about your experience during this period of emergency remote learning. There are no right or wrong answers; please answer as honestly as possible. Your input will be used to help inform next steps for SAD 31.
Your Name (We are collecting names so we can reach out to you, as needed, to support your child(ren)'s return to school.)
1. In your opinion, how easy or difficult has it been for your child/children to keep up with learning expectations during our school closure?
1- Extremely easy
2 - Somewhat easy
3 - Neither easy nor difficult
4 - Somewhat difficult
5 - Extremely difficult
I don’t know
2. What are the biggest challenges your child faces, if any, in keeping up with his/her learning while connecting remotely? (check all that apply)
Unclear expectations about learning requirements
Unclear or lack of communication about learning expectations
Limited or no space at home to do my work
Unreliable or no internet access
Need to watch younger sibling(s) during the day
Other distractions at home
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious about the current circumstances
Lack of motivation
They have not faced any challenges in keeping up with their learning
Inability to focus or organize themselves to work efficiently
Lack of, or delayed feedback from teacher
3. To what extent do you agree with the following statement: Each of my children has access to an adequate device that meets their needs.
Yes, our family is all set
Sort of: We don’t have a 1:1 device in our home, but we are making do
No: We do not have a device for each child, and that is proving to be problematic
No: The device my child is working with is inadequate for what is being asked
4. The internet in our home is:
Great so far
Spotty sometimes, but good enough for my child(ren)’s needs so far
A major challenge: We have it but experience major/regular bandwidth or connection issues
Not yet up and running; we don’t have internet access
We have internet access because Spectrum offered it free. We will not have reliable internet after that deal is over.
5. How would you describe the amount of work provided to your child(ren) during distance learning?
6. How easy or difficult has it been for your child(ren)to keep up with coursework expectations during emergency remote learning?
Neither easy nor difficult
7. In general, the frequency with which school/district communicate(s) with parents and families has been...
Not frequent enough (I want more frequent communication)
Just right (Keep frequency of communication as is)
Too frequent (I want less frequent communication)
8. As we move into the 2020-21 school year, what supports or communications would you like to see continued or provided additionally by the school to either engage your student in learning opportunities, or help you as you support your student at home?
9. What measures or protocols do you feel will be important for us to keep in mind to ensure the safety of your student in the Fall?
10. Is there anything else you would like for us to know?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of SAD 31.