2020 Carolina Beach Street Arts Festival Vendor Application (Artists / Food Trucks)
2020 Carolina Beach Street Arts Festival
May 2nd (Rain date May 3rd)
From 10 am to 4 pm
Carolina Beach Lake
Lake Park Blvd Carolina Beach, NC
The Island Arts and Culture Alliance (IACA) is a 501(c)3 registered charity. We are an ALL VOLUNTEER group and we give grants to local school Arts and Music programs for approved projects and purchases, such as Clay Kilns, Musical Instruments, Printmaking equipment and supplies not otherwise available for the children to enjoy due to budget restraints.
We have two main fundraisers: The Carolina Beach Street Arts Festival and our Mardi Gras for the Arts (February)
The Festival’s objective is to increase appreciation, support and sales of art by involving the public in the creative process through demonstrations, hands-on-programs and access to art in different media.
The Festival has three themes–Visual art, Performing art, and Culinary art—and a “main event” that involves artists interacting with the public, while demonstrating their art process.
To ensure high quality fine art and fine craft artists, this is a JURIED Festival. In support of the Festival’s objective, artists are encouraged to demonstrate their art for the enjoyment and education of the festival attendees. Public participation in your creative process brings the public closer to you as an artist, to your craft, and may also encourage sales.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS
2020 marks our 10th Festival. The Carolina Beach Street Arts Festival has become well renowned and draws thousands of visitors from as far away as Boone, NC, Myrtle Beach SC, Charlotte NC, Beaufort and the Outer Banks, as well as from our local Greater Wilmington area.
The Festival’s multi-media advertising campaign markets the festival throughout the Southeast region in print ads, print and digital ads in regional radio & television ads and interviews. The Festival is also marketed through festival brochures, social media, digital advertising, the Carolina Beach Street Arts Festival website
and a Facebook event page especially created for the 2020 Festival. On the event page, each accepted vendor is showcased with pictures of their art and link backs to your website and business facebook pages.
Refer to our Facebook page
for up to the minute information.
Setup will begin Saturday morning May 2nd, (May 3rd if postponed) starting at 7:00 am.
In the event of severe weather, the committee has reserved Sunday May 3rd as a rain date. By signing the application, you agree to set up on the rain date if the Festival is postponed. Postponement and cancellation are at the discretion of IACA. No refunds for postponement or cancellation.All vehicles must be removed from the Festival area by 9:30 am in preparation for opening the event. Vendors/Artists must check in at entrance before setting up.
While free parking cannot be guaranteed for vendors, there is ample free parking near and around the Carolina Beach Elementary School and other parking lots shown on your map (some may be paid parking and are marked as such).
A courtesy golf cart shuttle to and from the school parking lot will be available from 7.00am to 9.00am to help with set up only.
Displays are to remain intact until 4:00 pm on the day of the event. This is required for your safety and the safety of your patrons.
All tents and sales items must be broken down and packed away ready for loading BEFORE getting your vehicle, NO exceptions. This ensures a more effective and safer breakdown and exit for everyone .Vendors who bring their vehicles onto the festival grounds before breaking down first will not be permitted to participate in future IACA events.
• Vendor applications will be juried. There are limited spaces based on medium to ensure a variety of artwork. Applicants are required to submit a website/and, or BUSINESS facebook page link that showcases their work, Personal facebook pages are NOT acceptable. This is in part so that we can showcase your art, and link back to you on our advertising event page.
• Jury decisions are absolutely FINAL and are based on quality and uniqueness, craftsmanship and artistry, and how much of the end product was actually physically made, grown, fashioned or produced by you.
• Vendors are required to submit via email, 3 recent photos of your work, plus one photo of your tent set up. These must be sent IN ADDITION TO your application. Please remember, these photos are what the jury will use to make a decision on your acceptance, please send only your very best photos.
• Make sure your name and business name are attached to photos.
• IF YOU ARE JURIED IN, a site map with your tent location along with detailed instructions and parking suggestions will be emailed to you a few days before the event.
• We no longer require you to donate an art piece for our raffle.
ART MEDIA CATEGORIES :
All fine art and fine crafts exhibited must be made by the artist(s).
• POTTERY: Original clay work. No machine made or mass produced work is accepted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed each piece must be signed.
• DIGITAL ART: Any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Traditional photographs taken with digital media should apply in the photography category.
• DRAWING: Original work created using dry media including pen, pencil, charcoal, pastel, or chalk or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush.
• FIBER: Original work of primarily fiber including soft sculpture, batik, or painted fabric intended to be wearable or decorative. No factory produced wearable items.
• FURNITURE: Decorative or functional furniture made by the artists. No factory produced items.
• GLASS: Original work in which the primary material is glass. No mass production accepted.
• JEWELRY: Original work PRIMARILY made from materials made by the artist using precious and/or non-precious
metals and other materials such as glass, ceramics, paper, fiber, wood, leather, polymer clay,
semi-precious stones, and the use of precious stones and enamels. No commercial casts, molds
or production studio work is permitted.
• METALWORKS: Original functional or sculptural and non jewelry metal work.
(Oil/Acrylic): Original painted works made with oils or acrylics.
•(Watercolor): Original painted works made with paint soluble in water.
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Includes all photographic prints made from the artist's original negative or digital image processing, which have been processed by the artist under his or her direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes.
• PRINTMAKING: Prints hand pulled by artists from traditional methods, including etching, engraving, silkscreen, stone and plate lithography, linoleum block or woodcut, produced in signed and numbered limited editions from an original image created by the artist.
• SCULPTURE: Original non-functional, 3 dimensional work of any material.
• WOOD: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, turned, carved, or machine worked.
• FOOD: Acceptable culinary artist items are pre-packaged, handmade items such as cupcakes, pastas, spices, sauces, blended teas, cookie mixes, marshmallows, granola, snack mixes, cookbooks, etc., and must be prepared by the artist.
• OTHER CRAFTS: This category includes unique items such as bath and body products, unique candles, and crafts not otherwise listed.
• FOOD TRUCKS: We limit the number of food trucks depending on the size of space we have available at the festival and type of menu. If you are a Food Truck Vendor and wish to participate in the festival, please fill out this application and submit for consideration.See fees below.
• CULINARY ARTISTS are responsible for meeting HEALTH DEPT. REQUIREMENTS.
This includes all Culinary Artists selling and or giving free samples of edibles including but not limited to, breads, cheeses, dips, butters, mixes, hand blended teas, herb mixes, lemonade, marshmallows, coffee, baked goods, pickles, jams, snacks and candies etc.
Culinary artists MUST SUBMIT A CLEAR, READABLE COPY, SCAN OR PHOTO OF THEIR LICENSE to process foods for sale from the dept of Agriculture or Dept of Public Health at the time of application via email(see below). If your licence is not submitted or is incomplete, you will not be considered for jurying. A list of all food vendors is submitted to the Dept of Public Health as required by law, their decision to exclude any vendor who is not properly licensed is final.
• Artists must be in attendance during the festival and are encouraged to demonstrate their artwork/craft at their tents.
• Artists must provide all their display equipment including tent set up and chairs. Each canopy should be no larger than 10’ X 10’. Tents should be properly weighted and staked down. Due to beach breezes, extra weights may be needed.
• All participants are responsible for proper insurance for protection of their work and that of other vendors, and should plan accordingly to prevent theft, damage or misuse at the Festival. The Town of Carolina Beach and the Island Arts and Culture Alliance will assume no responsibility for any theft or damages to work or any person or persons participating in the event.
• Participants are responsible for the collection of applicable NC State and New Hanover County sales tax and payment thereof to the NC Department of Revenue. Carolina Beach Street Arts Festival is not responsible for the collection or payment of any sales tax. Please add your sales tax ID number on the application.
• Participants are responsible for maintaining and leaving their assigned area free of refuse and in otherwise good condition.
Since our mission is Art Centric, we have decided to make awards to 3 artists that meet our judges criteria for, tent presentation, quality of artwork, public education and or demonstration of their process.
The judge will be unknown to the vendors, will not be a participating vendor, and is not paid for their services. The judge's decision is final.
• 2D Art Award: $150 Prize and Trophy
• 3D Art Award: $150 Prize and Trophy
• Artisan Award: $150 Prize and Trophy
• People’s Choice — Free Tent Space at 2021 Festival
AWARDS will be given at your tent towards the end of the day while the event is still taking place. You will be photographed, given your award and trophy at that time. Photographs may be used in our advertising for future events.
The Artisan category includes fine craft items such as soaps, candles, food items, and those categories not listed.
The People's Choice award goes to the Vendor with the most ballots. The ballot count will take place after the festival ends and will be announced on our facebook page
Winner will be contacted via email. It is possible that a vendor could win both an award and people's choice prize.
In our efforts to help the ecology and to keep our costs down, most of our communications will
be by email. Festival vendor contact is:
email your 3 current PHOTOS to:
MAKE SURE you have your BUSINESS name attached to ALL photos
Food Vendors (not food trucks), email your photo/copy/scan of Food Processing Licence to our Public Health Dept Liaison: Also email your 3 current photos as above.
APPLICATION FEES AND DEADLINES
Artist tent space: $95.00 per 10x10 space
Food Trucks: $160.00 per space
Application Deadline: January 1st 2020
Acceptance/Rejection emails will be sent by January 16th 2020 along with payment invoices. Payment deadline is March 1st 2020, no exceptions
Payment must be made online only, we no longer accept cash, checks or money orders.
You may apply after the application deadline of January 1st 2020, and if all spaces are filled, you will be placed on our wait list. If a space becomes available, and you are eligible, you will receive an acceptance email and payment invoice. Payment will be due by the date listed on your invoice, it will include a $25.00 late application fee also. If payment is not received by the date listed, your space will be offered to an alternate vendor.
Please fill out the below questions and then submit your application. You will receive an immediate email to let you know your application has been received.
NC SalesTax ID #
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service