Creative Resurgence Caucus
Sign in support of establishing the Creative Caucus at the Hawaii State Legislature, please enter your name and details below. By typing your name and organization on this form, you are showing your support and are allowing us to include your name on the list of supporters. Your information will NOT be used for any other purpose.
Mahalo nui for supporting this initiative!
○ for Hawaiʻi’s creative sector (arts, creativity, and humanities) including nonprofits and creative gig
● Access & Education
○ Provide access to the arts, creativity, and humanities through education and participation which are
human and civil rights protected by the 1st amendment.
○ Require arts certified educators to be employed full-time in all schools, pre-K though 12.
● Creative Spaces
○ Officially recognize creative artists as Second Responders who help put people’s lives back together in
pandemics and emergencies. Artists are essential workers in our society and our economy, helping us
recover, reflect, and rebuild.
○ Support the annual Arts@theCapitol events with a Creative Advocacy Day.
○ Support creative spaces through easing the use of state-owned or managed properties or permitting the
transformation of spaces into public creative spaces that are accessible to all citizens of the state thus
breaking down barriers between “mainstream” and “marginalized” groups.
○ Support the growth of community-based creative and cultural practices and knowledge.
○ Focus on programming and scheduling that coincides with respective creative, cultural/ethnic
celebrations or commemorations in addition to mainstream national and state celebrations.
● State Policies
○ Coordinate the integration of creative practices and cultural traditions in state priorities, projects, and
○ Enact policies that specifically support and enable the creative economy to thrive.
○ Establish a registry at the Dept. of Labor recognizing eligible creative sector workers so that they can
apply for unemployment assistance.
○ Protect the tax-exempt status of creative and culture non-profits.*
○ Support tax policies that increase charitable support for the creative sector.*
○ Repeal a cap on charitable donation deductions for state income tax.*