**Whom to Contact with Questions** So that we can report accurate case counts to the Oak Park Department of Public Health, please follow these steps to report your child's absence due to COVID. Please note that absences due to COVID do count toward the 12-absence limit per semester.
- Report your child's absence as usual via Skyward. You will need to report them absent each day they are out with COVID.
- Complete and submit this form. If you have more than one child absent with COVID, you must submit a separate form for each one.
Submit this form only once per child.
Regardless of vaccination status, your child must isolate at home for at least 5 days, with day zero being the first day of symptoms or the day of the positive test date for asymptomatic students.
For at least 5 days, your child should separate from others, stay in a specific “sick room” or area, and use a separate bathroom if available.
Students who test positive and HAVE SYMPTOMS may return to
school if the following conditions are met:
- Completed a minimum isolation of 5 days since symptoms first appeared AND
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications AND
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving (loss of taste and smell, however,
may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of
Students who test positive and HAVE NO SYMPTOMS may return to school after 5
days have passed since a positive viral test for COVID-19.
If you have questions about classwork and assignments, please check individual
teachers' Google classrooms or reach out to them directly. Thank you for
helping us to keep our school community safe while returning students to school
as soon as possible.