Nomination Due Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Awards Dinner Date: Monday, April 8, 2019
2019 TRIO ACHIEVER The 2019 Tri-State TRIO Achiever award allows each Chapter TRIO Association to recognize outstanding TRIO alum who have achieved a high level of success in their current field of work or study. Nominees must have attained an A.A., A.S., B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S., or terminal degree within their field. The 2019 Tri-State TRIO Achievers are individuals who have overcome obstacles to achieve success and acknowledges that TRIO has supported their success.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:1. Must have participated in and successfully completed one of the federally funded TRIO programs that are located in the state.
2. Must have enrolled in and successfully completed a post-secondary program of study resulting in an associates, baccalaureate, graduate, or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Must hold a significant position within their profession or have received recognition for outstanding professional or academic achievement and be employed above the entry-level designation for his or her profession at the time of application.
4. Must have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions to TRIO or their local community by resume. Nominator must submit after online application completed.
5. Must demonstrate that participation in their TRIO project had a significant impact upon obtaining their educational and/or professional objectives by written essay. Nominator must submit after online application completed.
6. Willing to present a 10-minute address to the Tri-State TRIO membership during the TRIO Achievers Award dinner at the 2019 Tri-State TRIO Annual Conference in La Crosse, WI if selected for recognition (Most travel expenses will be provided for the winner).
Each Nominator for a 2019 Tri State TRIO Achiever must:1. Complete, in its entirety, this official application form. Submit entire application online by March 1, 2019. Only online applications will be accepted.
2. Include a photograph for reproduction in the TRIO Achiever Awards dinner program booklet. (To be sent after notification of award)
3. Willing to introduce the winner at the 2019 TRIO Achiever dinner at the annual conference in La Crosse, WI.
4. The Nominator must be a current member of Iowa, Minnesota, or Wisconsin Chapters. 5. Nominators may choose to nominate a TRIO Achiever.
6. Nominator must submit nominees resume and essay by the March 1st deadline.
Questions? Please contact TRIO Achiever Award Lunch Chairs, Tricia Wilkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org,(612) 625-3369 or Vanessa Beckham, email@example.com, (608) 346-5797.
Thank you in advance for helping make our 2019 Awards dinner a success!