MGG Natural Lawn Care Implementation Support Informational Survey
Midwest Grows Green (MGG), a sustainable landscaping initiative of the non-profit IPM Institute of North America, can offer technical assistance for the implementation, improvement, and marketing of natural lawn care for high-use turfgrass fields. This program offers the following services to your park district, school district, municipality or other entity:
• A natural lawn care or Integrated Pest Management (IPM) audit of your turf and landscape management policies, strategies, and practices. The audit will include a set of recommendations to limit, reduce, or eliminate the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers on the local authority’s grounds.
• A comprehensive site assessment and management plan report compiled for up to two turfgrass fields. The report will detail strategies to implement all or the majority of the recommendations presented in the NLC/IPM Audit. The MGG Team will determine these strategies based on extensive soil testing, site mapping, photo documentation, and site monitoring.
• Quarterly check-in calls with the MGG Team for three years to ensure adherence to the management plan, troubleshoot potential turf quality or weed and pest problems, and track overall project progress.
• Outreach, communication, and community engagement support in the form of 1-2 public education events, interpretive signage, annual press releases, and 5-10 social media post suggestions.
Interested in these services? Great! We just need some information from you. First, we request that you choose a field or fields that fall in the Class A or Class B Field prioritization found at
. After selecting your field or fields, please answer the questions below.
Here is some additional prerequisites and information:
• This project is a three year commitment. We estimate the services described above will cost between $10,000 - $15,000. These services do not cover product, equipment, or other turf management purchases. If cost-prohibitive, please talk with MGG's Ryan Anderson at
to develop a fundraising or alternative plan for obtaining these services
• Curious about MGG and the members of our team? Read more about us at
• Have more questions? Please contact MGG’s Ryan Anderson at
First, please provide us with your name, email, occupation and organization
Tell us about your park district, school district, or municipality? Why do you want to transition to organic/natural?
What field(s) would you like to transition to natural/organic? Can you provide us information about the field(s)? Why did you choose it? How highly trafficked is it? What are your expectations for it? Any persisting weed, pest, or turf quality problems?
Per year, how much do you spend on management of the field(s)? Are you willing or able to spend more in the first year of partnership with MGG? If so, how much?
Finally, MGG wants a three year commitment to natural lawn care? Will your park district, school district, or municipality commit to this project for three years?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service