This scholarship is intended to recognize students in the Creative Studies Department who have demonstrated through action and intent that they….
• Have the courage and wisdom to be their authentic selves in the face of both praise and criticism;
• Honor the voice of the child in themselves and others;
• Actively seek to live in the awe and wonder of everyday creativity;
• Actively network with ICSC students and cohorts from various years;
• Produce in unique ways in their own time and own way;
• Are willing champions of the creative spirit of others; and
• Demonstrate energy and commitment to the field and domain.
• Can articulate a future image of how he or she will inspire and nurture the creative spirit in others.
By accepting this award, recipients commit to use their creative and intellectual gifts and talents to make the world a better place in some particular way and agree to continue to actively engage in unique ways in which the creative spirit can be nurtured and supported in others.
Nomination for the MMCSSA may be by self, peers or faculty. If other than self, the nominating person will notify the potential recipient and work with that person to submit a bulleted list of examples to support the criteria above; the nominees may solicit examples from others to use if applicable. If selected, the nominee will decide on one activity to pursue that will improve the quality of life for others in some way, agree to conduct that activity, and then tell the story of his/her learning for the ICSC website and/or newsletter (might be podcast, video stream or writing).
The scholarship award will range between $300 and $600. Applications to be reviewed by a faculty committee and recipient to be contacted by department. Award to be given out at the department’s end-of-the year banquet in May. Recipients are strongly encouraged to attend this event.