Freshman Seminar Online Library Scavenger Hunt
Research and Information Resources Familiarity Assessment
Please enter your name(s) Ender all names, if working in a group.
Select your grade level
Please select your teacher's name from the drop-down list.
Please write in your teacher's name, if it doesn't appear in the drop-down box above.
Please select the block in which you took this assessment.
WHS ONLINE ELECTRONIC SCAVENGER HUNT - BEGINS NOW!
1. goldfinch (remember this password is case sensitive.
What is the online Database this password is associated with?.
Gale Reference Library
Burlington County Times
Choose the online reference in The Gale Online Reference Center that is most appropriate for each question.
To log on to Gale, go to
, select Willingboro High School from the Schools menu. Then, from the Willingboro High School page, select Library Services from the drop down menu above the main image. From the Library Services page, select Gale Online Reference Center on the left menu. The portal will say INFOTRAC. Enter the password.
2. How many subjects are represented in the Gale Online Reference Center?
A. There are twelve subjects represented.
B. There are seven subjects represented.
C. There are four subjects represented.
D. There are no subjects represented.
3. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Environment. Find the ebook Alternative Energy 2007.
Name the 2nd volume of this collection.
A. Hydrogen, Nuclear Energy, Solar Energy.
B. Wind Energy
C. Fossil Fuels
D. Hydro-electric Energy
4. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Environment. Find the Alternative Energy 2007.
Name the 1st volume of the collection.
A. Hydrogen, Nuclear Energy, Solar Energy.
B. Fossil Fuels, Bioenergy, Geothermal Energy
C. Wind Energy
D. Hydro-electric Energy
5. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Environment. Find the Alternative Energy 2007.
In the first volume, Select Fossil Fuels from the table of contents. According to this ebook, What is fossil fuel?
A. Fossil fuel is a liquid.
B. Fossil fuel is a solid.
C. Fossil fuel is a gas.
D. Fossil fuel is petroleum.
Fossil fuels are all of the above.
6. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Nation and World.
What is the title of the encyclopedia set listed there?
A. Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
B. Worldbook Encycolpedia
C. Worldview Encyclopedia of the Nations
D. Worldbook Encyclopedia of the Nations
7. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Nation and World.
Click on the Worldmark Encyclopedia of Nations. Click View ebook. What is the title listed on page 47?
A. The Making of the United Nations.
B. The United Nations
C. The United Nations System.
D. The League of Nations
8. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Biography.
What is the title of the encyclopedia listed there?
A. The Encyclopedia of World Biography
B. The Encyclopedia of Biographic World.
C. The World Book Biography
D. The Encyclopedia of World book.
9. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Biography.
What is the copy right date listed for this encyclopedia?
10. In the Gale Online Reference Center, choose Biography.
How many volumes are in this set of encyclopedia?
D. It doesn't say.
Go back to the the Explore of Willingboro High School and select the Library dropdown menu.
Answer the questions regarding the information available on this web page.
11. What is 2nd item listed on the left menu of the WHS Library Welcome page?
A. Online Books/Summer Reading
C. Gale Online Reference Center
D. Freshman Seminar
Burlington County Times -Online Newspaper
12. Click on Online Books/Open E-books and Summer Reading link on the Welcome page.
What is the FIRST book listed on this page?
A." The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian"
B. "The Giver"
D. "The Outsiders"
Click on Online Books/Open E-books and Summer Reading link on the Welcome page.
What is the first sentence in the book "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian."
A. I was born with water on the brain.
B. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
C. I was born a part-time Indian.
D. I was born a full-time Indian.
14. What is the title of the full-text newspaper on the Library Services Welcome page
A. The Burlington County Times
B. The New York Times
C. The Trentonian
D. USA Today
15. What is the password to log on to the Burlington County Times from the WHS Library Services page?
The username is nie80204
D. It is not listed here.
16. Click on Explore at the top of the Willingboro High School web page. Find Library and click on the Assignments, Projects and Pathfinders.
The menu will expand. What is the Third item listed?
A. African-American History Pathfinder for U.S. History 1 and 2
B. Immigration Pathfinder, Mrs. Powe
C. The Presidents of the United States
D. Women's History pathfinder.
17. Log in to Ebsco-host. (Explore, Library, click Ebsco-host, then enter your barcode number.)
What is the title of the SECOND database collection listed under Ebscoweb?
B. Business Source Elite
D. Middle Search Plus
18. In Ebsco-host, The Greenfile database contains information on this topic:
A. global warming
B. sustainable energy
D. all of the above
19. In Greenfile's Title list, what is the FIRST publication listed in this database?
The Title List, is literally the list of available titles the database contains. The link for Title List is located after the database description.
A. A-Z of the Environment
C. Humans in Nature
D. Global Catastrophe
20. Click on Mandarin Online Catalog from the Explore menu of the WHS Library dropdown menu.
Select the Title search. Type Obama in the title browse. How many unique titles with President Obama's name in the title are listed?
A. There are 5 unique titles listed.
21. What type of a database is Ebsco Host?
Ebsco contains mostly periodicals and newspeprs
Ebsco contains mostly reference books
Ebsco contains mostly Google docs
Ebsco contains mostly web sites
22. What is a periodical?
A periodical usually refers to anything that is published in timely intervals, like magazines.
A periodical usually contains sentences with periods in them.
A periodical is a reference database.
A Periodical is a book.
23. What type of materials are usually found in the Gale Reference Center Database?
Reference book collections
magazines and newspapers
24. What do students need in order to get a Chromebook to take home?
Students need to have their parents come to a Chromebook orientation.
Students need to have their parents sign the Chromebook agreement.
Students need to sign the Chromebook agreement.
Students need all of the above.
25. What is the fee your parents will have to pay for a broken Chromebook screen?
Extra Credit, What is the Media Specialist's Name? Only a correctly spelled name will receive the extra 4 points.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Willingboro Public Schools.
Terms of Service