1. All relevant portions of this application form must be completed accurately.
2. This application must be accompanied by all relevant supporting documents.
3. No person shall be automatically entitled to be a Member, and the right to membership rests solely with the Executive Committee. The decision of the Executive Committee to admit an applicant to membership shall be final. The Executive Committee shall not be obliged to give reasons for their decision to refuse membership.
4. Except for Life Members, membership endures for one year only, but shall be extended every year provided the member pays the relevant membership fee and provides any other documents that the Executive Committee may require to confirm that the requirements of the particular category of membership has been fulfilled.
5. The Executive Committee has the right to request further information that may be reasonably necessary to consider an application.
6. The outcome of applications will be communicated at the earliest possible opportunity. Joining fees and membership fees will be refunded should an application be unsuccessful.
7. The following membership fees will apply for the 2019 calendar year:
7.1. Joining fee: R350
7.2. Membership Fee Full Member: R1,300
7.3. Membership Fee Associate Member: R1,100
7.4. Membership Fee Retired Member: R1,300
7.5. Membership Fee International Field Member: R2,800
7.6. Membership Fee Field Member: R250
7.7. Life Membership: R25,000
8. Membership categories are defined as follows:
8.1. Full Membership may be granted to any person who is a licensed professional hunter or hunting outfitter in the Republic of South Africa and whose source of income is, either in part or in full, legal professional hunting or outfitting activities on the continent of Africa. Full members shall be entitled to vote at annual general meetings and receive firearm endorsements for professional hunting from the Association as provided by section 16A of the Firearms Control Act, Act 60 of 2000, provided it is accredited to do so.
8.2. Associate Membership may be granted to any person who does not qualify for Full Membership but is connected with the professional hunting industry and who wishes to concern himself with the promotion of the Association and its best interests. Associate members shall not be entitled to vote at annual general meetings.
8.3. Retired Membership may be granted to any Member who no longer holds a license for professional hunting or outfitting activities but wishes to retain his membership with the Association and continue to further the interests of the Association. Retired members shall not be entitled to vote at annual general meetings, unless granted such a right by the Executive Committee at its sole discretion after the applicant has submitted a motivation to retain such a right.
8.4. International Field Membership may be granted to applicants who are not licensed professional hunters or outfitters and who are not South African citizens but who wish to contribute to the Association and its best interests and development. International Field Members shall not be entitled to vote at annual general meetings.
8.5. Corporate Membership may be granted to juristic persons who wish to contribute to the goals and mission of the Association and further the Association’s best interests, provided that in the case of hunting outfitting businesses such juristic persons may only apply for corporate membership if the professional hunters and hunting outfitters that are connected persons in relation to that juristic person, also apply for full membership. Corporate Members shall not be entitled to vote at annual general meetings.
8.6. Field Membership may be granted to any South African person who is not a licensed professional hunter or hunting outfitter but who is endorsed and recommended to the Executive Committee by a Full Member to be fit for such membership. Field Members shall not be entitled to vote at annual general meetings.
9. Please note that we are obliged to notify SAPS, the relevant nature conservation department/s and fellow industry bodies in the event of your membership being terminated as a result of disciplinary procedures.
Account Number – 6274 3283 707Branch Code – 220831SWIFT Address – FIRNZAJJXXX
I hereby pledge to uphold and observe the constitution of the Association, to abide by its policies, by-laws and rules and to adhere to and promote its Code of Conduct in that I will:1. Conduct myself and my affairs in a manner that are in accordance with the letter and spirit of the Constitution of the Association and its Code of Conduct.2. Uphold to the highest standards of ethical and responsible hunting while in the field and promote the traditions of responsible hunting.3. Act to promote and improve the image and integrity of professional hunting and hunting in general by supporting sound and socially acceptable hunting and conservation principles that generate incentives for conservation and social-economic benefits for wildlife stewards and people co-existing with wildlife.4. Obey and comply with all laws and legal requirements pertaining to hunting in all countries where I conduct, market or sell hunts.5. Obey and comply with all laws and legal requirements pertaining to the lawful and safe use of firearms.6. Not misrepresent myself in any way to my clients and/or fellow members.7. Not act as a professional hunter or hunting outfitter in any jurisdiction where I am not licensed to do so.8. Not in any way be involved in the shooting of captive bred predators, either as professional hunter, hunting outfitter, guide, breeder, agent or by being a member of any association or body that condones or promotes the shooting of captive bred predators.9. Not do anything that will bring the Association into disrepute.