The Jam Project 2020 - Participant Application Form
If you are entering year 9 in 2020 apply NOW to be a participant in the Jam Project. The Jam Project is run under the auspice of NCJWA Vic. All information will remain private and confidential. Please complete all mandatory sections of the form. If you have any questions about the program please contact: The Jam Project Co-ordinator Naomi Swart on:
9044 5408 or email:
For your application to be completed please guide your parent/guardian to complete their part of the application by visiting:
The cost of the Jam Project is $280.00 for an extra $40.00 you can help ensure a subsidised place for another participant.*
Objectives of The Jam Project:
The Jam Project, established in 2016, aims to empower adolescent girls in their transition to adulthood. The Jam Project has identified that providing emotional support during adolescence can foster a sense of self-worth, self-belief and independence. The program will address pivotal stages and topics that often require support during the teenage years. Echoing the vision of NCJWA Vic, ‘powering women and girls for a better world’, The Jam Project aspires to strengthen and empower young women in their development, fostering future leaders.
What you will get out of the program:
- The opportunity to build a secure and trusting relationship with a female buddy between the ages of 21-28 years old
- Someone who can listen to you without passing judgment
- Someone who can act as a sounding board to help navigate the following areas: personal, social, school and community
- Be inspired by someone outside your inner circle who has successfully managed situations in their own lives and can
provide you with a different perspective on working through obstacles
- Increase self-confidence and enhance personal awareness and resilience
Year 9 Participant Commitment:
- To commit for the 12-month period
- Fortnightly catch ups with your buddy
- Attendance at all group sessions
To actively assist in supporting your daughter/child in maintaining a positive relationship with her match for the year. This will include: assistance in communication (between buddy and girl if needed), transportation and notifying The Jam Project co-ordinator in advance if your daughter/child is unable to attend a group session.
Processes and Requirements:
- Application forms will be evaluated by The Jam Project co-ordinator
- Interviews and screening will take place for applicants
- Applicants will be matched with a buddy in early 2020
If you have any questions regarding the fee for the Jam Project please contact Naomi Swart on 9044 5408 or email:
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service