Midlothian ISD Policy CW (LOCAL) details guidelines to be used in the naming of school buildings. Listed below are the specific guidelines:
1. Facilities may be named for persons who have served the District or community, especially in service to children.
2. Facilities may be named for any local, state, or national heroic figure.
3. The individual may be living or deceased.
4. A nominee shall have made a significant contribution to society and/or education, and his or her name shall lend prestige and status to an institution of learning.
5. The individual must represent exemplary human qualities that can serve as a model of excellence for the students who will attend the school.
6. Facilities may be named for local residential or geographic areas or state or national landmarks.
Nominations shall be submitted to the Board through the Superintendent. The supporting data shall include a succinct description of the nominee’s contributions, why these are important, and any pertinent history that should be considered. (The Board shall not consider petitions.)