2020 Virtual Winter Craft Fair
presented by CHD’s Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hampshire County
Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 8:00am - Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 8:00pm
Event website link will be published closer to the date of the event.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic and the cancellations of in-person events for the foreseeable future, the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) staff has decided to host this event virtually for 2020. Though the Winter Craft Fair will look different this year, we are excited about this opportunity to continue to support artisans and to be able to still hold this event, which is one of our largest fundraisers.
Now in its 40th year, the Winter Craft Fair is among the best-established in the region, with juried exhibitors representing a wide variety of fine quality handmade crafts. This event supports BBBS of Hampshire County, raising money for youth mentoring programs. The first meeting of the Jury was June 15, 2020. Applications will be accepted after June 15th on a rolling basis. The deadline for application submission: October 23, 2020. By applying to the Virtual Winter Craft Fair, you agree to sell your wares online via a business website, Etsy, or other e-commerce website.
VIRTUAL EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
Event Website - We will host a Winter Craft Fair website where we will list:
- Your name or the name of your business
- A representative photo of your craft
- A short description (50 characters or less) of what you are selling
- A link to your online store
Support - Full instructions about the virtual fair will be sent via email upon acceptance into the show. We aim to provide you with as much support as possible in this new format. We will not set up your online shop for you, but we will supply a Best Practices document for selling your wares online and are happy to answer any logistical questions you may have.
Special Requests - Please indicate special requests on your application. All attempts will be made to accommodate special requests.
Advertising - We will promote the virtual fair extensively through social media, newspaper, and the BBBS newsletter starting in September. Last year, we reached over 50,000 people on social media alone.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE
FEES: Payable by credit card (preferred) or check to: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hampshire County.
- $10 Application Fee: Non-refundable processing and handling for all applications received. Must be separate from booth fee check/transaction.
- $100 Booth Fee- There will be a universal $100 booth fee for listing your e-commerce shop. We will deposit artisan booth fees upon acceptance into the show.
- Sponsorship- You have an opportunity to be a Featured Artisan for additional visibility for your business through sponsorship of the Craft Fair. With an additional fee of $100, your business will be highlighted at the top of the event homepage as well as in your craft category. Also included with the sponsorship is special social media promotion. This sponsorship option is elective and not required, though it will give you added exposure for the event.
- 3 digital photos that represent your work that will be sold at the fair
- At least 1 digital photo of you creating your work emailed to
· Applications without digital photos will be automatically rejected.
· Photos can be submitted in one file or in separate files, though we do ask that you make the file sizes small if possible.
· Work exhibited at the fair not consistent with what is represented in the submitted photos will be subject to removal.
All items must be hand-crafted. Imports, manufactured items and products cast from commercial molds are not allowed. There are a limited number of spaces per medium (pottery, wood, glass, etc.) and we will strive to have a balanced show, as we do every year. The Jury Committee reserves the right to refuse any application.
The Winter Craft Fair will run for a nine day period between the dates of Saturday, November 14 – Sunday, November 22, 2020. Normally a two-day show, we hope extending the dates of the Fair will give shoppers more time to peruse and shop your site. We expect artisans to keep their online shops open for the duration of the Fair. Please reach out directly to Katie Lipsmeyer at
if you have questions or concerns about this.
Artisans are expected to be courteous and respectful at all times with the Fair organizers, fellow artisans, and shoppers participating in this event.
At this time, we do not plan to host a silent auction as we usually do for the live event.
Business or e-commerce website (if you have one currently)
Medium (check all that apply)
If you chose more than one medium, indicate % of each you will offer.
To help us keep a balanced show, please give a list of the type of products you will sell (ex. cards, prints, bags, cutting boards, lotions):
Any special accommodations/requests:
Have you previously been a vendor at the Winter Craft Fair?
If so, how many years?
Describe the process you use to create your art. The jury may contact you for further clarification about your process.
How would you like your business name to appear on the Fair directory? (max 23 characters including spaces)
What type of craft would you like to be referred to on the Fair directory? (Max 15 characters including spaces)
What is the price range of your work?
How would you like to pay for fees owed?
Check (Please mail checks to BBBS, PO Box 2310, Amherst, MA 01004)
Credit Card (If you choose to pay by CC, one of our Craft Fair coordinators will reach out directly to you by phone to obtain the necessary card information.)
The non-refundable $10 application fee will be deposited/charged when we receive your payment, and your application cannot be considered without it. Your booth fee will be deposited/charged upon acceptance into the Craft Fair.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service