As usual, please use this form to sign up for any Shabbat meals you will be taking on campus this week!
This shabbat, Hillel at Brandeis is proud to welcome Rabbi Avi Weiss as a scholar in residence!
Stay tuned for a full schedule for this exciting Shabbat! Here are some highlights to look forward to, when you'll be able to hear Rav Avi speak:
- Orthodox Kabbalat Shabbat (International Lounge)
- Hillel Oneg: "From Russia to Ethiopia: A Life of Activism for the Jewish Family" (The Lurias, Upper Sherman)
- Orthodox Shacharit (Int'l Lounge)
- Before Mincha: "Holistic Prayer: Finding Meaning in What We Do" (Int'l Lounge)
- Seudat Shlishit Singing (Int'l Lounge)
- After-Shabbat "Kumsits"/Singing Circle (The Lurias, Upper Sherman)
About Rav Avi:
Rabbi Avi Weiss is the founding president of Yeshivat Chovevei Torah Rabbinical School (YCT) and founder of Yeshivat Maharat. He is founding Rabbi of the Hebrew Institute of Riverdale, a congregation of 850 families in Bronx, NY, where he currently serves as the Rabbi in Residence. Rabbi Weiss is the National President of the AMCHA – the Coalition for Jewish Concerns, a grassroots organization that speaks out for Jewish causes throughout the world. He has authored two books: “Women at Prayer: A Halakhic Analysis of Women’s Prayer Groups” and “Principles of Spiritual Activism.”