By filling out this form as a Volunteer, you are acknowledging that your services for the Library are a contribution to your community and are in no way entitled to any form of compensation; i.e. payment, or fringe benefits or other employment rights. It is expressly understood that you are not an employee of the library and that while we will try to provide you with necessary information and guidance to perform your volunteer services, we will not be supervising or controlling your activities and that for any reason whatsoever either you or the Library may terminate the volunteer agreement.
While on Library premises you agree to abide by all of the rules of conduct. As a volunteer, you hereby acknowledge that you will perform your services in good faith and to the best of your ability under the general guidelines provided you.
By filling out and submitting this form you are electronically signing an agreement to become a volunteer at the Dearborn Heights City Libraries (DHCL), which means you agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth above or on premises.
Parents will need to come in by the first work day to sign a consent form.
Teen Volunteer Orientation will be June 22, 2017, beginning at 3:30 pm.
2. Please dress appropriately
3. If you must come early, or stay late, due to transportation, please understand that the library might not have anything for you to do. You are welcome to read or use the internet with valid library card and parental permission.
4. You are NOT to leave the library without Staff permission. If you don't know what to do, ASK.
5. You may use the library telephone for emergencies or for calls for Transportation ONLY. MUST ask permission first; it is a business phone.
6. Please treat the library Staff with courtesy & respect, and cooperate with them at all times.
7. These rules are necessary to help the library run smoothly. Please remember that "YOU ARE THE LIBRARY" when you are working here, and patrons get their impressions of the library from you.
Volunteers who cannot adhere to these rules will be terminated. Thank you for your cooperation and willingness to help.