CALL FOR EAT & SPEAK HOSTS!
EAT & SPEAK is a DESIGN WEEK RI Signature Series - a curated statewide lunch on design! Designers, design businesses, and others throughout RI open up their spaces and host a talk over lunch, highlighting and sharing design success in Rhode Island.
Propose an EAT & SPEAK ~ Get on the DESIGN WEEK RI Schedule
When do they happen?- The series runs Monday, September 16 - Friday, September 20 from 12:00 - 1:30 pm during DESIGN WEEK RI.
Why would my firm consider hosting? - By opening up your design firm, studio, or creative space, you invite a curious audience to learn more about the impact made from Rhode Island designers and design firms. We bring the design conversation to you. You get to showcase your your success (and your challenges!), expound on your design interests, meet new people, and tell your story.
What kind of events work for an EAT & SPEAK?- Events range from a talk with one or more people at your firm, a panel discussion at a space you've been involved in, a walk or bike tour of your community from a designer's eye, and more. Feel free to be creative with how you'd like to host a lunchtime engagement around design. (And also feel free to ask our opinion. We are happy to share our experience on what's worked well in the past!)
Interested? Use this form to propose your ideas! DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: JULY 8, 2019.
[Interested in hosting at a different time?]If you're interested in hosting events on other dates during DESIGN WEEK RI 2019, sign up on our CALL FOR PARTICIPATION form: https://forms.gle/3XVkcez7QnxTVY8K6
[Ready to Volunteer?]If you're interested in helping out throughout the week or a day, let us know through our volunteer form: https://forms.gle/GW9R5JjYPj2MxpJcA
Questions or comments? Email CC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, DESIGNxRI ensures all EAT & SPEAK events are listed on a dedicated website page under DESIGN WEEK RI banner, and includes host's logo and information and event description. Events are also promoted through the DESIGNxRI and DESIGN WEEK RI email and social media channels. EAT & SPEAK hosts agree to co-promote the event to your audience and contacts as a DESIGN WEEK RI 2019 event.
Here are some additional terms:
* As a host, you agree to arrange for a speaker, tour, conversation, etc. at 12:00 pm on one of these dates: 9/16, 9/17, 9/18, 9/19, 9/20.
* As a host, you agree to be the main contact for the speaker(s) and arrange all details around speaking agenda with them.
* As a host, you agree to arrange all details regarding location and logistics for hosting this event.
* As a host, you agree to provide lunch for registered attendees. (Brown bag lunch events are accepted.)
* Official DESIGN WEEK RI materials must be visible in your establishment during your event and throughout the week.
* A digital image of your company logo, a photo, and bio of your speaker and description on work must be submitted by AUGUST 1st, 2019.
* Images should be at least 900 pixels wide & height and in JPEG, PNG, TIF, or PDF format.
* As a host, you are responsible for promoting your EAT & SPEAK event through social media and/or email list serves.
* As a host, you will be asked to provide the DESIGN WEEK RI Committee with accurate attendance information and 2-3 photos of the event.