2020 OhioDance Call for Submission - OhioDance Festival Young Artist Concert - Application Must be received by February 3, 2020
Eligibility and Selection Process
Ohio-based pre-professional or professional choreographers are eligible to apply for the Young Artist Concert. ALL performers must be K-12.
• All applications will be selected based on the documentation provided in their portfolio and the artistic quality of their work. This application is for K-12 performers, choreographers can be professional or pre-professional.
• Audience seating will be in the round.
• The work must be 5 minutes or less. (No props in performance)
• Only one cued piece will be accepted.
• OhioDance recommends all dancers REGISTER for a minimum of one day of the festival.
• Notification of results by February 19, 2020.
PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS- (Emailed submissions preferred to
• Bio, or resume artist(s), highlighting accomplishments and history of performances
• Online video link (preferred) of work to be submitted not to exceed 5 minutes. The online link may be rehearsal footage. Please consider the quality of video submitted.
• 1-2 references (names and contact information).
• A recent publicity photo.
• Completed information sheet included in application with signature.
Choreographers must submit;
• A signed Performance contract by March 2, 2020. If the choreographer or dancer is under 18 years of age, an adult representative must sign and return the contract. Contracts and release forms will be emailed.
• General publicity information, mp3 of music to be used in performance and program notes by
March 2, 2020 to facilitate performance marketing.
Barnett Theatre Stage Features:
Please Note: AUDIENCE SEATING WILL BE IN THE ROUND
The Barnett Theatre is an intimate, contemporary black box performance space.
The maximum performance area is 44’ deep x 31’ wide.
Entrances and exits are made through the four corners of the dance floor
Floor: black marley-type floor over sprung floor. Restrictions require that pieces using tap shoes/clogging/flamenco, etc. will need to supply Masonite or plywood, that are well sanded, with edges taped.
Technical rehearsal will be 9:00-10:30am Friday, April 24, 2020
This Performance opportunity is limited to Ohio-based artists.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service