1. Attendance Policy:REHEARSAL: Members will be allow a maximum of: 0 unexcused absence. 3 excused absences (prior approval required). 3 Tardies. NO absence at rehearsal prior to competition will be excused.
Camps:There are several camps that all students must attend. The camps for this season are as followed:
Color guard: July 23 - 27 (8a-12p), July 30-31 (8a-12p), August 1-3 (1-5p), August 6-7 (8a-12p)Percussion: July 23 - 27 (8a - 12p), July 30 - August 3 (8a - 5p), August 6 - 7 (8a - 5p)Winds: July 30 - August 3 (8a - 5p), August 6 - 7 (8a - 5p)
Performances:Any absence must have prior approval of the Band Director. Rehearsals prior to performance will not be excused. Any additional performance or practices not on the calendar will be part of this contract if a week (7 day) notice is given.
2. All music and drill must be memorized by the designated deadline or you may be assigned an alternate position. Music must be passed off to section leaders, designated staff and/or Director. Section leaders are there to help you so please use their help with music.
3. Attendance at sectionals is required. Any absence must have prior approval.
4. Any CCSD sponsored activity must meet academic guidelines. When competing members must contain a 2.0 GPA. Grades will be checked periodically.
5. All fees are non refundable and must be paid in compliance with the payment schedule. There is a reason we have a payment schedule.
6. To assure uniformity of the band, extremes in appearance such as hair color, facial jewelry, hair over the collar, beards, mustaches, etc. are not permitted.
7. I will not complain to anyone who cannot fix the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, I will not complain. I will not listen to anyone else complain!
8. I agree that my social media posts will reflect the band program, staff and band members in a positive manner, Remember, you are what you tweet! Please be responsible in your social media communications.
9. I agree that I will take my instrument to be cleaned professionally by the end of the school year or I will be fined for the cost of any cleaning and repairs made to the instrument.
10. Payment Schedule
Fall Marching Band - $600 (Checks payable to AVHS or Arbor View High School)July 30 - $200 August 30 - $200September 28 - $200
Fees can also be paid through Charms. The fees above do not include items such as shoes, gloves, warm-ups, etc.
By submitting this form, I understand and agree to these policies and realize that the success of the Arbor View Band is dependent on my dedication and commitment to individual excellence. My attitude and ability will combine with other members to create the spirit and precision of the Arbor View Band. I agree to be removed from the show if these expectations are not fulfilled.