Public Relations Director Application
PR Director will be responsible for spearheading a year-long calendar of outreach projects and events that positively reflect on The University Star. The PR Director will also be responsible for planning and executing events at the direction of the adviser and EIC. The PR Director will spend up to 15 hours per week working on PR projects and will receive a stipend.
· Hold weekly team meetings to plan for current and future projects.
· Identify and coordinate two community service projects each semester.
· Create and coordinate one social activity for The University Star staff each month.
· Coordinate Soapbox Soundoff each month on The Quad, including required paperwork.
· Coordinate coverage of The University Star’s table at Bobcat Days twice a semester.
· Coordinate coverage of Bobcat CARE at the beginning of the semester.
· Coordinate coverage of Welcome Tents at the beginning of each semester.
· Plan and coordinate end-of-semester holiday party and barbecue.
· Create and maintain a calendar of all internal and external activities.
· Maintain paperwork to stay in compliance as a student organization.
· Coordinate with Managing Editor on recruitment activities for new staff.
· Deliver plaques and stickers to San Marcos Stars winners in the spring.
· Create campaigns to support projects and initiatives.
· Coordinate with Creative Services Director for needs.
· Be knowledgeable in AP Style.
· Ensure all staff are in the appropriate SLACK channels and maintain a list of personnel.
· Required to attend Camp Star in August.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meetings.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University Star.
Terms of Service