Goals and Mandates
By completing and sending this form, I agree to support the mandate and values of Metro Cinema, as articulated by the membership in at Metro Cinema's 2017 general meeting:
Metro Cinema is a community-based not-for-profit society devoted to creating and fostering opportunities for the exhibition of diverse, unique shared viewing experiences in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Metro Cinema Society believes:
• Film and media are significant art forms.
• Film and media are a means of communication, discussion and education.
• In providing opportunities for diverse communities and programming.
Metro Cinema achieves our mandate by:
• Programming a diverse blend of film and media art by presenting educational, independent, cultural and innovative works.
• Facilitating engagement and interaction between audiences and the content through unique shared experiences.
• Providing opportunities for the public to curate programming, and partnering with community groups to host film festi vals and special events.
• Operating with the ongoing assistance of a large volunteer base, and keeping our programming affordable to our patrons.