Not much of a sewer but still want to participate? No problem! Purchasing a premade stocking is allowed, HOWEVER, it should still be embroidered/painted/bedazzled/personalized/revamped by you in some way.
When you fill out the survey, you can request to receive up to 4 stockings for different members of your family/household. You will be paired with someone requesting the same amount of stockings as you so everyone is putting in the same effort.
This swap will not have formal "Swap Mamas" as many swaps do, but Emily and Lizette are always available to help and answer questions!
Emily's contact: email@example.comLizette's contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Sign up by August 31st, 2016. You can sign up for up to 4 stockings. The amount of stockings you request to receive is also how many you will need to make for someone else.
2. You'll receive details of your swap partner no later than September 7th. Feel free to say hi/hola via email, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
3. Create, gather, paint, construct, or shop for your stocking. Remember, if you plan on buying a pre-made fabric stocking, you should still come up with a creative way to personalize it for your partner. Fun extras or holiday goodies are always welcome, but try and keep your budget below $20 per stocking not including shipping. We encourage shoppers to support independent local and small businesses. For example, sellers on Etsy.
4. Using the hashtag #beecreativestockingswap, there will be 3 mandatory photo updates to Instagram on the following days:September 1st: photo collage/mosaic of inspiration for your partner to work with.September 21st: fabrics or materials photoOctober 15th: progress photo*Optional* any extra photos are always appreciated!If you do not have Instagram, you can email your photos to email@example.com with your preferred caption and we will share your photos on @BeeCreativeSwaps on Instagram
5. Swap gifts must be in the mail no later than November 1st so your partner has plenty of time to put their stocking(s) up on display for the holidays.
Now fill out this Google Doc to sign up!
<3 Lizette & Emily