Physics Ch. 11, Sec. 1 video assessment
Ch. 11 Sec. 1 Video
Watch this video and answer the questions below
Explain how a spring is an example of simple harmonic motion.
If you stretch out a spring, in which direction is the spring force acting?
In the direction you are stretching
In the opposite direction you are stretching
Perpendicular to the direction of stretch
Which of these springs will have the highest spring constant?
The springs in the suspension of a vehicle
What is the spring constant of a spring that is displaced .5 m and has a spring force of 2 N?
When you squish a hanging slinky, was is the spring force acting on the the slinky?
Gravity pulling it down
Gravity pushing it up
There is not spring force
As you pull a pendulum back, what happens to the restoring force?
It remains constant
Nothing happens to it
Where in simple harmonic motion is the restoring force the highest?
There is no restoring force
The restoring force is equal throughout the motion
Write a 3 sentence summary on the section
Which of these test prep questions can you still not answer?
Check all that apply
1. Know what Hooke’s Law is?
2. Know the equation for Hooke’s Law?
3. Know how to rearrange the Hooke’s Law equation?
4. Know what the spring constant is?
5. Know what displacement is?
6. Know when a spring can have elastic potential energy and why it has it?
7. Know what a simple pendulum is?
8. Know what components make up a simple pendulum?
9. Know how and why energy changes during the motion of a pendulum?
10. Know what simple harmonic motion is?
I fee like I can answer all the test prep questions
After this video, the question I still have is.....
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ISD 15, St. Francis, MN.
Terms of Service