NJCAHT Winter 2019/2020 Internship: APPLICATIONS CLOSED
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORM - IT IS NOW FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY.
NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Before completing this application, please take a moment to watch some sections of last year's live stream, available on Facebook:
About the NJCAHT:
The New Jersey Coalition Against Human Trafficking was formed in 2011 and is made up of over 150 diverse organizations including nonprofits, faith-based organizations, government agencies, law enforcement, and direct service providers based in New Jersey. The NJCAHT became a 501(c)(3) in November 2016, with a mission to UNITE NJ COMMUNITIES TO ABOLISH HUMAN TRAFFICKING. The Coalition serves as a hub of community efforts statewide to increase coordination and visibility of NJ’s commitment to end human trafficking.
About the internship:
Much of the internship will take place in January, as it is HUMAN TRAFFICKING PREVENTION MONTH, and coincides with winter break for many college undergraduates. The program begins with an Orientation and HT 101 on December 19th, 2019 and runs through January 11th, 2020. The program will consist of 15 college undergraduate students who will work together on a group project to create a January 11th AWARENESS DAY event which will be broadcast on FACEBOOK LIVE.
Graduates of the Coalition's 2017 and 2019 Internship Programs will be mentoring 2020 Interns. The Program Director is a college professor.
-- The Coalition will provide lunch for all meetings and will also provide partial travel reimbursement*
-- Interns who successfully complete the project will receive a letter of recommendation from the Coalition.
NJ residents and NJ college students that are currently undergraduates at the time of the program (Dec 19, 2019 - Jan 11, 2020). Participants can attend colleges/universities anywhere in the country.
How are applications assessed?
This is an accelerated internship, as there is limited time to prepare for the event. The Coalition will be choosing 15 students to participate. This is a highly competitive volunteer internship. The answers to the four questions will be assessed by a 4-person panel. Please put thought into these assessed questions. Only those receiving good scores on their application questions will be invited for a virtual interview.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, 10/11/19 @ 11:59 pm
Please DO NOT apply for this program if you can’t attend the 6 mandatory program dates below. One meeting is via Skype/Zoom; five meetings are in-person, located in Morristown, NJ.
If you are unable to commit to the dates, please consider contacting the Coalition for other involvement opportunities at:
-- Non-attendance on any of these dates will mean removal from the program. Participation in team planning between meeting dates is also required.
▪ Sat. Nov 16 from 7 pm - 8 pm: VIRTUAL Event Planning Meeting - (Skype/Zoom) - This 1 hour meeting will decide the focus of the Jan 11th event, and plan the event publicity.
▪ Thurs. Dec 19 from 10 am - 3 pm: IN PERSON ORIENTATION HT 101 / team photo & event planning.
▪ Dec 20 - Jan 2: Collaborative work done by small teams in person/Skype or via email
▪ Fri. Jan 3 from 10 am - 3 pm: IN PERSON team building exercises + further event planning
▪ Jan 4 - 8: Collaborative work done by small teams in person/Skype or via email
▪ Thurs. Jan 9 from 10 am - 3 pm: IN PERSON Finalization of event planning
▪ Fri. Jan 10 from 10 am - 3 pm: IN PERSON Event rehearsal and set-up
▪ Sat. Jan 11 from 9 am to 2 pm - Human Trafficking Awareness Day Event (Live from 10:30 am-12:00 pm) + Intern Celebration
Questions? Please email
*Please be advised that this is an unpaid internship.
Breaking Free: Students Against Trafficking (Winter 2019 Interns)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service