"Women in the Heights - Disruption" Exhibition. Artist Submission Form
CALL FOR ARTISTS
"Women in the Heights - Disruption"
Presented by NoMAA (Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance) in partnership with Broadway Housing Communities and The Sugar Hill Children's Museum of Art & Storytelling. March 8-30, 2017, Rio II Gallery, 583 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10031.
DEADLINE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH, 2017, 5pm EST.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS 2-STEP SUBMISSION PROCESS:
STEP #1. - Complete Submission Form. See below
STEP #2.- After submitting the form, send ONE EMAIL, with all of the additional materials, as follows:
a) Write on the subject box: Last Name-Women in the Heights submission, i.e. "Smith-Women in the Heights submission"
b) Include Bio or CV, Maximum 1-page, Word Doc., labeled: Last Name_Resume.doc, i.e. "Smith_Resume.doc"
c) Include 4 images, formatted as: JPG, 300 dpi, 4" on largest side, maximum 1MB each, labeled as: Last name_Title_Year_Media_Size_Price.jpg, i.e. "Smith_Blue Landscape_2016_Oil on canvas_12x24_350.jpg"
, by 5pm EST, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH, 2017.
ELIGIBILITY: WOMEN ARTISTS RESIDING IN THE MANHATTAN COMMUNITIES OF EL BARRIO, HARLEM, INWOOD, WASHINGTON HEIGHTS & MARBLE HILL. Wall-hung works in all fine art media will be considered for the exhibit, maximum width of all artworks is 36” (including frame). If you have any questions, call us at (212) 567-4394.
• Deadline: Monday, February 6 2017 @ 5PM EST
• Notification: by February 13
• Delivery of accepted works, at the Rio II Gallery, 583 Riverside Drive (@ 135th Street) New York, NY 10031: February 27 & 28 (Dates to be confirmed.)
• Installation: March 1-3
• Opening Reception: March 8
• Exhibit dates: March 8-30
• Artist Talk: March 22
• Pick-up of work: Friday, April 3, 10am-6pm
ACCEPTED WORK (please read and follow the instructions carefully):
• Participating artists must provide all of the requested materials by the dates indicated above.
• All artwork must be ready to hang.
• All artwork must be presented in a professional manner (including: professional-grade framing, matting and display materials.) All works must have hanging wire attached to the back (2” below top edge of work,) no other hanging hardware will be accepted. The gallery has a railing system with rods and hooks, no picture hanging hooks or nails will be used on the walls).
• All work must be labeled on the back with artist’s name.
• All artwork must be available for exhibition for the duration of the show.
• Sales of artworks are not conducted by NoMAA. However, a price list will be available, and artists will be contacted directly by interested buyers. We suggest a donation of 15% of the sale to NoMAA to help sustain our gallery program.
• Images of the artwork may be used by NoMAA for promotion of the exhibit (for non-commercial purposes only).
• Artists will be encouraged to participate in an artist talk.
• Please note that Broadway Housing Communities has insurance coverage for the Rio II Gallery, 583 Riverside Drive. There is however no FINE ARTS insurance for individual pieces.
PLEASE FORWARD TO ANY NORTHERN MANHATTAN WOMEN ARTISTS WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING. SEE SUBMISSION FORM BELOW.
Artist Statement (Maximum 100 words, related to the submitted work.)
IMAGE LIST Please follow this format for each image: Last name_Title_Year_Media_Size_Price. i.e. "Smith_Blue Landscape_2016_Oil on canvas_12x24_350" (Emailed JPG images should be labeled with this format as well)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service