Summit Family Application Form
Welcome to the first step in joining the Summit Family! This application will only take a few moments of your time. We're excited to get to know you and your family!
1. Responsible party for personal data processing
Summit Academy is the responsible party for the processing of your personal data. Summit Academy may use third parties to process personal data on Summit Academy’s behalf. Summit Academy will establish or confirm appropriate contractual protections to safeguard the personal data that is shared with such third parties.
2. Purposes of processing and types of personal data
Summit Academy processes personal data for various legitimate business and compliance purposes, as follows:
• To support the application process and organizational management using name, family name, personal contact information (phone number and email), residential address, whether or not applicant is eligible for application.
• To determine participation eligibility using name, address, date of birth, residential address, email, phone number, method of contact, and participation parameters (number of students to care for, gender of students, preexisting children in the household, gender of children, contractual compensation).
• To conduct a criminal background check using full legal name, residential address, email, and/or phone number, in order to maintain utmost care for the safety of Summit Academy personnel, Summit Families, and students.
• To expedite the management of your contract relationship by providing Summit Academy with direct access to limited personal data about you.
• To conduct monitoring and enforcement of company policies and procedures, and compliance with legal requirements, including issues related to ethics, health and safety. And,
• To assist Summit Academy Inc., its aﬃliates, or others to exercise legal rights, including to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel, or to monitor and prevent sexual harassment, discrimination, and/or criminal oﬀenses.
The data elements listed above for each purpose are not necessarily a complete list but should be used as a guide and may need to vary from time to time to fit into the corporate needs and strategy.
3. Special kinds of personal data
Summit Academy will generally not process certain types of personal data that are regulated as highly sensitive under data protection law unless (i) you have consented, or (ii) the processing is required or permitted by applicable law. These special kinds of personal data include data about a person’s religion or philosophy of life, race, political persuasion, health and sexual life, or unlawful or objectionable conduct connected with a ban imposed with regard to such conduct.
4. International data transfers
Your personal data will be stored in databases used by the human resources department, which are part of Summit Academy’s global human resources information management system (“HRIS”). Although HRIS is the primary system of record for personal data about employees, it is not the only system or tool used. Departments or managers also may use manual files, spreadsheets, access databases, and the like, to manage and store personal data. However, the primary system of record remains the HRIS.
The personal data in the HRIS is maintained (either primarily or as a back up system) on a server by Summit Academy in the United States of America (“USA”). Your personal data will therefore be transferred to and accessible by Summit Academy and its global affiliates for the purposes outlined above. Summit Academy may also hire third party processors to process your personal data. Your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including the USA, we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
If you have questions about how Summit Academy handles your personal data, or you would like to access personal data that Summit Academy holds about you, please contact Summit Academy as described at the end of this Policy. Any questions that cannot be resolved with Summit Academy may be raised with local data protection authorities where applicable.
5. Data security
Access to your personal data is strictly controlled through the extensive system security within the HRIS and other tools and systems, and in the Company network. Access is limited to specific human resources professionals and other Summit Academy personnel and their agents who need your personal data to accomplish their jobs (an example is the recruiter or recruitment company).
6. Data storage
Summit Academy will record your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes specified above, unless additional data is required to fulfill legal obligations. Your data will continue on the HRIS system for the period in which Summit Academy must use it (for example, to prepare government tax statements), and then be archived or deleted, with specific timeframes determined by local laws and good business practice.
7. Access and other rights
You may have rights under applicable data protection law, including, in some instances rights to view personal data that Summit Academy maintains about you, and to correct or delete inaccurate personal data, and oppose the processing of personal data in some circumstances. If you wish to request access to your personal data or otherwise exercise data protection rights, please contact Summit Academy as described below. Summit Academy will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible, and if your request is not complied with, Summit Academy will explain to you the reasons for not complying.
If you have questions about your personal data or Summit Academy’s privacy practices, please contact
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service