*Entrants must be a current member of the Surface Design Association (SDA) and live/work in the Seattle's Eastside area:
Renton, Fall City, North Bend, Redmond, Newcastle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Woodinville, Carnation, Medina, Mercer Island, Sammamish, Snoqualmie, or Bothell.
If there is any question about whether your location qualifies, please write firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will respond. SDA Membership is available at http://www.surfacedesign.org (Click "Join SDA")
• All entries must be original artwork created, conceived, and executed entirely by you, the artist (or artists in the case of a collaborative piece.) Artwork from kits, tutorials, copies, or done under instruction is ineligible.
• Collaborative pieces will be accepted if ALL the artists are members of SDA Eastside
• Two and three-dimensional pieces qualify so long as they are ready to hang. Art must be easily movable; not exceeding 15 lbs.
• All work MUST be ready to hang. Space is limited in this venue, so we will only be accepting hanging pieces. No saw tooth hangers. If a special hanging mechanism is required to hang your piece, such as a rod or a form, you must provide the rod, form, hanging device, or alternate hanging device and any wires with the art.
• Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces of artwork.
Important Dates:Deadline to enter exhibition with inclusion in the flyer: Friday Sep 14th by 5pm Final Deadline to enter exhibition: Friday Sep 21st by 5pmOpening Reception: Saturday Sep 29th at 6:00pm through 8:30pmSDA Meeting/Meet the Artists: Sunday Oct 21st at 3:00pm through 5:00pmArtwork pickup: Sunday Nov 4th at 10:00am through 1:00pm
Location:Areté KirklandAreté Lounge Gallery450 Central Way Kirkland, WA 98033