◦ Second, Third or Fourth year students
◦ Will be able to share their experiences about picking courses, choosing a major, balancing extra-curricular activities, connecting with the community, finding job opportunities, etc.
◦ Can bring students to events, take them out on the town, sell them old textbooks, give academic advice, read over essays, etc.
◦ Be an informed connection to assist students with transitioning into university.
◦ Gain volunteer hours
◦ First or second year students
◦ Will have a “go-to person” within the uOttawa Community to begin developing connections with other students.
◦ Can receive guidance from an older, more experienced (but not necessarily wiser) student!
◦ Gain volunteer hours.
This is a completely voluntary pairing, and it is up to the two students to maintain contact with each other. There will be the possibility of mentorship specific events, and preferences will be taken into account, eg: choosing a mentor/mentee from a specific discipline, goals of the relationship, etc.
"It’s like eHarmony…with smarter, better looking people…and no dating."
– Ethan Elliot, 4th Yearc Rep.