Sunrise STL Training Registration Form
*For Sunrise STL Orientation Training on October 19th-20th. More logistics info below.*
>>> TRAINING OVERVIEW <<<
At the end of 2018 Sunrise helped change US politics. Together with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez we made known the urgency of the climate crisis and relentlessly pushed our politicians like Speaker Pelosi for the solutions we need -- A Green New Deal. To do this we must build people power, political power, and work with other movements who stand to benefit from the Green New Deal
On October 19th and 20th, we are hosting an orientation training to level up Sunrises in St. Louis with the skills needed to organize others for the change we need. If you want to deepen your understanding of Sunrise, build community with like minded young people in your area, and learn hard organizing skills, register for the Sunrise STL Orientation Training.
We believe it’s important that the people we invest leadership training in reflect the movement we want to build-- a young, multi-racial movement that represents many different backgrounds. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a person of color or hold other marginalized identities. This training is for any young person (millennials and younger) looking for a meaningful way to protect our climate, our homes, and our values during this critical election year. The training has been designed to be engaging for all levels of background or experience, so whether you're brand new to taking action or a veteran organizer, you'll get a lot out of this experience.
>>> WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS TRAINING <<<
1. Lots of time to bond with other Sunrisers in the area
2. Learn hard skills to run Sunrise campaigns to win a Green New Deal locally and nationally
3. Get a deeper understanding of Sunrise's story, structure, and strategy
>>> LOGISTICS <<<
- DO I HAVE TO COME to BOTH DAYS?: You are highly encouraged to attend both days of the training if you're able, as the training curriculum builds on itself and you will have more opportunities to learn, grow and bond with other attendees. However, if you aren't able to commit to both days, you are still invited to attend (as long as you commit to coming to as much of the training as you are able).
- LOCATION: Deaconess Foundation, Second Floor, 1000 North Vandeventer Ave, St. Louis, MO 63113
- DATES: October 19th-20th
- TIMES: Saturday 9:30am-8pm; Sunday 9:30am-6pm
- FOOD: lunch and dinner on Saturday, lunch on Sunday and snacks, coffee, and tea throughout the weekend!
- HOUSING: If you are coming from out of town or need to stay closer to the training venue, we will help match you to Sunrise hosts! You are also welcome to reach out to friends/family of your own and commute from there.
- COST: Sunrise is a new organization run by young people (read: we don't have a lot of money). As such, we ask all participants to pay a suggested registration fee of $20-50 to help us cover the costs of this training (including meals, space, materials, etc.). That said, we do not want cost to be a barrier to anyone -- so ultimately, we just ask people to pay what they can. You can pay the registration fee/donation in person or here:
>>> CONTACT INFO <<<
For any questions, reach out to Grace Tedder at
Have you been involved with Sunrise STL before?
I've been involved with Sunrise / another hub
Date of Birth
Pronouns are words that can substitute for your name. We want to know what to call you, so check one or more options for the pronouns you want people to use to refer to you. You can also self describe below.
Prefer not to say
How would you describe your race and/or ethnicity? Check one or more options to describe yourself.
Black/ African American
Native American/ First Nations/ Alaska Native
Pacific Islander / Native Hawaiian
Asian / Asian American
Prefer not to say
Tell us a bit about yourself
Studying? Working? Recent grad? No need for essays, just curious to see our mix of participants!
Do you need help finding housing in St. Louis for the weekend of training? *
How much can you contribute towards the cost of the training?
We expect the training to cost about $30 per person. We strive to make the training accessible to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. If you can't pay, that's totally fine (we're young people!), but if you can pay more, it'll help cover costs for others.
I need Sunrise to cover my costs
How did you find out about this training? *
Do you have any dietary constraints?
Food provided will be primarily vegetarian and vegan
Do you have any accessibility needs that we can prepare for in order to make this training as accessible as possible for you?
What are you excited to learn at this training?
Let us know if you have any questions, or if there's anything else you want us to know.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service